5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Special ordering a truck

Agurdo17

Reaction score
In short. I'm in the snow plow business and have two little kids. I get caught sometimes with my kids at home and need to go salt. Nowhere to send the kids. Need a dually to put the 2 yard Salter in but the mega cab short box is to long for plowing. Anyone know if ram would build me a crew cab short box dually?

grinch72

Reaction score
In short. I'm in the snow plow business and have two little kids. I get caught sometimes with my kids at home and need to go salt. Nowhere to send the kids. Need a dually to put the 2 yard Salter in but the mega cab short box is to long for plowing. Anyone know if ram would build me a crew cab short box dually?
Why not get a crew cab 6.4 instead of a mega cab? they are readily available. Im guessing you're talking 3500. Those can be had with a 6.4 or 8 foot bed. Are you looking for a 3500 crew cab 5.7 box. I dont believe such a beast exists.

Agurdo17

Reaction score
I need a dually. Salter carrys 4k of material. Plowing snow with a crew cab long box is not fun.

grinch72

Reaction score
I need a dually. Salter carrys 4k of material. Plowing snow with a crew cab long box is not fun.
Again, a 3500 Dually can be had with a crew cab and 6'4" box. I wouldn't call that a long box. A long box to me is an 8 footer.

Chris

Reaction score
Again, a 3500 Dually can be had with a crew cab and 6'4" box. I wouldn't call that a long box. A long box to me is an 8 footer.
In the first post, OP requested a short box, which I would not consider to be 6'4". I believe his follow up post infers that anything bigger than the short box is a long box to the poster.

grinch72

Reaction score
In the first post, OP requested a short box, which I would not consider to be 6'4". I believe his follow up post infers that anything bigger than the short box is a long box to the poster.
I guess. To me anything shorter than a standard 8 foot box is a short box.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

In the HD trucks, which we have to assume is being talked about, because there is no dually 1500, no megacab 1500, nor one equipped for a plow
The 6'4" Is the shortest box.
It is a short box.

Agurdo17

Reaction score
Sorry for posting under the 1500. I will c if there is a crew with a 6ft4 box. Which I consider a short box. Really didn't think they offered that in a dually. Thanks for responses.
Your assumption is correct, good luck finding your plow truck, sir.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
I've never noticed they didn't offer a crew cab dually with the 6'4" box. I assume it has to do with towing, duallys are typically used for very frequent towing and the longer the wheelbase the better it will tow. Probably the reason you can't get a dually ram that short.

grinch72

Reaction score
I've never noticed they didn't offer a crew cab dually with the 6'4" box. I assume it has to do with towing, duallys are typically used for very frequent towing and the longer the wheelbase the better it will tow. Probably the reason you can't get a dually ram that short.
You can get a 3500 Dually with a 6'4" box. I believe some thought he meant the 5'7" box which isn't available on a dually.

mjw930

Reaction score
Real simple, mega cab 6’4” box is the only 3500 offered with dual rear wheels. No, FCA will not build a unicorn.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Real simple, mega cab 6’4” box is the only 3500 offered with dual rear wheels. No, FCA will not build a unicorn.

?
This is a crewcab dually with an 8ft bed?
ow that monthlypayment.png

And in tradesman trim

not as bad but still ow that monthlypayment.png

It looks like they sell:
A single cab 8ft bed dually
A crew cab 8ft bed dually
A mega cab 6'4" bed dually

Users who are viewing this thread