5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Special Ordering a New Truck

robbiele

Reaction score
This is all good info to know. I am looking for all the rebates I can get when I can order my two tone longhorn

yellowboy

Reaction score
On the Sams club deal - was that just because you were a member or did you price the truck through Sam's auto buying ?

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
On the Sams club deal - was that just because you were a member or did you price the truck through Sam's auto buying ?
It's because you are a member. They give you a code to give to the dealer and it comes right off the price. Costco may do it also, worth checking into.

cobrar97

Reaction score
I dont see anywhere on the site to register. What I do see is a reauest to have a brochure mailed to your address. Is that what you are referring to? Thanks
Yes...that's it. That's how I did it.

cobrar97

Reaction score
I have done that. Locked in 6 incentives for $4,750 in Feb. Truck just got finished being built yesterday. Awaiting delivery. Dealer said I would be able to lock and add any new ones.
This must be different from area to area. I spoke to 5 different dealers about this, and each of them said they couldn't lock-in certain incentives. Who know...maybe they're all on the same page of not wanting me to save money :)

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Or if anyone in your family is. My father is an army vet in late 60's and I was able to qualify. You just need to create an account and link their SS# and you are all set. Took 24 hrs. Earned $1,000! Win!

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just tried to call to get a code and they said no and didn’t really know what I was talking about.
I just tried this yesterday and it did not work although one good thing did come out of the call. i found out that my employer is a member affiliate and that I qualified for the "PP" pricing which ended up saving me an additional $750.00

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found a few incentives from Costco. I forwarded them on to my dealer but he said they (dealership) are not part of the Costco program. Anyone know if that is true. Do some dealers participate and others do now? Or is it a Costco-FCA thing where it may not be up to dealerships. Not saying dealer is lying, but just got to do you own homework on these things, right!

Costco Incentives Page

jimk hunt

Reaction score
I found a few incentives from Costco. I forwarded them on to my dealer but he said they (dealership) are not part of the Costco program. Anyone know if that is true. Do some dealers participate and others do now? Or is it a Costco-FCA thing where it may not be up to dealerships. Not saying dealer is lying, but just got to do you own homework on these things, right!

Costco Incentives Page
Very well could be true. My dealer said they are not part of Sam's deal.

ant0064

Reaction score
I always order my vehicles. I don't want a truck that's been sitting on the lot getting acid rain on it and being driven around by who-knows-who. Especially in the winter months, test drives are quite messy for the interior. Anyhow, to answer your questions:
Yes...you are only going to be able to order through a dealership. To get your best price, you going to want to have one "spec'd out". Go on Ram's website and build one exactly like you want it and document all those options. You can now present this "spec" to all the dealers, and it will allow you to compare apples-to-apples when it comes to price.
When requesting your price for your spec'd truck, ensure that ALL dealers are giving you a price that's PRE-INCENTIVE. Since the incentives that will apply are going to be those that are available when the truck arrives, they may not be the same incentives available today. With that in mind, you want the PRE-INCENTIVE prices from dealers. The incentives will be what they are when the time comes to take delivery of the new Ram.
Get prices quotes from numerous area dealers to get your best price. I got prices from 21 dealers. Luckily the FCA brands have dealers all over the place, so they will need to fight for the sale a little. The truck I ordered had an MSRP of $68,690. I received dealer prices ranging from a high of $62,616 down to $59,396 (that's a $3220 difference in dealer pricing....which is huge to me). Whatever the incentives are at time of delivery will come of that final number.
Your trade should have NOTHING to do with the new Ram cost at all. That's a math games dealers will play when they know they can. I generally get my best new vehicle price before even talking about a trade at all...as it's a separate issue. In the end, the dealer you choose may be $300 in price higher than your lowest new-truck price, but they may give you $500 more for your trade...so it'll be a combo of the best deal in the end. Since you are ordering the truck, it will literally be the exact same truck (to the VIN number) no matter whom you buy it from.
Some orders take longer than others with no rhyme to reason. I ordered a Limited the last week of February. As of today, this past Tuesday, it's already been built and is waiting to be loaded on a truck for delivery to the dealer. That's pretty fast. I've seen records of orders that were placed long before mine and those folks are still waiting for their truck to be built...and I can't say why.
Also...after getting close to ordering, make sure you go to Ram's website and request a PRINT brochure. It will take about 2-3 weeks to get it, but your name will be registered in their system. You can then call their incentive department at 800-227-0757 (option 1) and get a special rebate code that's good for $500. You provide that to the dealer when the incentive paperwork is getting done. From the time you register with Ram, you have like 3 months to call-in for that code...so don't get a brochure now if you aren't going to buy for a while.
Another incentive that's not listed on the website is 38CK5. It's a $1000 conquest incentive if you own a Ford or Chevy truck now. You don't even have to be trading it in...just prove that you own it. Ram has been renewing this rebate for quite a few months now. It will expire at the first of the month, but will most-likely be renewed again.
Anyhow...I think I've answered everything. Hoping to hear that you get one ordered up.

This is amazing information...thanks so much!

OldArmyDoc

Reaction score
This is amazing information...thanks so much!

Followed the instructions for calling FCA. Their rep had no idea of any "call in request" for a $500.00 rebate after registering by way of ordering a printed brochure. Has anybody had any luck with this?

bitskream

Reaction score
I know this is quite an old conversation, but maybe some of you are still following. When reaching out to dealers via the internet, are you contacting the Dealership Sales Manager directly? As I am browsing all of the dealerships in my area, it is challenging to identify specific sales people, but is usually easy to find the Sales Manager's email address. For those3 of you that mentioned you always use inter4net sources prior top the negotiation, I am curious what approaches you have found successful for your initial contact.

tjsadler

Reaction score
When I do this I try to find either a fleet manager or a sales manager. Some dealers don't list anyone and you can only use their "contact us" link. Those are generally the ones you don't want to work with. I emailed 20 dealers and weeded out everyone who called or tried to get me to come in to sit down with them. Ain't nobody got time for that nonsense! Ultimately I ordered from a dealer who was quickest to respond with a couple clarifying questions and then a clear price and timeline. Didn't even have to put down a deposit and got a good price.

bitskream

Reaction score
When I do this I try to find either a fleet manager or a sales manager. Some dealers don't list anyone and you can only use their "contact us" link. Those are generally the ones you don't want to work with. I emailed 20 dealers and weeded out everyone who called or tried to get me to come in to sit down with them. Ain't nobody got time for that nonsense! Ultimately I ordered from a dealer who was quickest to respond with a couple clarifying questions and then a clear price and timeline. Didn't even have to put down a deposit and got a good price.

Excellent! That's exactly what I have started doing, so I hope it works well for me. I refuse to give my phone number out. As you say, "Ain't nobody got time for that nonsense!" Many thanks!

tjsadler

Reaction score
Excellent! That's exactly what I have started doing, so I hope it works well for me. I refuse to give my phone number out. As you say, "Ain't nobody got time for that nonsense!" Many thanks!
Yeah there are still a lot of dealers still doing things the bad old way but if you email enough you'll get at least one or even a few that understand how to do business in the modern age. The last several vehicles I purchased I only set foot in the dealer to sign the (already prepared) paperwork and drive away.

yellowboy

Reaction score
Car salesmen are going the way of realtors ! Don't need someone to take me on a drive anymore than someone to take me on a walk through a house.

Users who are viewing this thread