5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Special order timeline

trithumb

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just put in an order for a 21 1500. The dealer said it would be 8-12 weeks, the online chat said about 10 weeks. I am seeing posts of people getting them in 4 weeks. My question is to all of you who have special ordered, how long did it take? Especially interested in recent special orders.

Wch_chip

Reaction score
I depends on a whole host of things especially options. I'm sitting at almost 8 weeks and while its been built it hasn't even begun shipping. It could be 8 or 4 or 12. Honestly there's really no way to know.

Last edited:

borden72

Reaction score
You also still have to account for any parts shortages due to covid.

cclove

Reaction score
2021 Laramie 1500 | 4x4 | Crew Cab | Flame Red | 6' 4" Box | Heads up display | Hemi e-Torque | 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio | Bed Utility Group | Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof | Trailer Brake Control / 33 Gallon Tank | Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats Black | Technology Group | Sport Appearance Package | Advanced Safety Group | Bed Utility Group | Laramie Level 2 Equipment Group | Advanced Brake Assist |
=======================================================================================
I just ordered a 2021 Laramie with most of the options available the last week of December... Have any of you from the previous post received your vehicles yet? I have been told that at some point you can get a VIN Number from the dealer during the build process... Does anyone know if this is true?

Update! I received my build sheet, and delivery date on Jan 21st....
Expected delivery date is February 13th...
This link worked for Build Lookup!
(VIN placed after the = sign)

Last edited:

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered my '19 on 4/30/18. truck was delivered 7/26/18, a little more than 12 weeks. Of course, I don't know if the order was punched into the system the same day (probably not). Also, mine sat in a staging area outside the plant waiting for a train to Buffalo, NY. I think that took three weeks alone.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 045440 miles.

Keezer

Reaction score
I just ordered a 2021 Laramie with most of the options available the last week of December... Have any of you from the previous post received your vehicles yet? I have been told that at some point you can get a VIN Number from the dealer during the build process... Does anyone know if this is true?
You should get a VIN from the dealer within a couple days of your order being placed. Once you get the VIN plug it in after the = sign on this link to see your build sheet (copy and paste into your browser).

Next plug the VIN in this link after the = sign to see your window sticker (again copy and paste into your browser), your window sticker will say error or just not pop up until your truck is built. Once you have a window sticker pop up you have a truck and the next wait is QC check and shipping to the dealer. Your name wont be on the build sheet till you get the original at delivery.

redneck

Reaction score
I got my vin and von 3 days after ordering at the dealer

redneck

Reaction score
You should get a VIN from the dealer within a couple days of your order being placed. Once you get the VIN plug it in after the = sign on this link to see your build sheet (copy and paste into your browser).

Next plug the VIN in this link after the = sign to see your window sticker (again copy and paste into your browser), your window sticker will say error or just not pop up until your truck is built. Once you have a window sticker pop up you have a truck and the next wait is QC check and shipping to the dealer. Your name wont be on the build sheet till you get the original at delivery.

The 1st link takes me to rams main web site the second does nothing?

cclove

Reaction score

Cool, I just received the VIN from the dealer...

broken_vet

Reaction score
I'm in Southern Colorado and it took 9 weeks and 1 day. Ordered on November 12 and picked it up last Friday. I'm not sure why, but they drove it down from Denver instead of trucking it.

cclove

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just put in an order for a 21 1500. The dealer said it would be 8-12 weeks, the online chat said about 10 weeks. I am seeing posts of people getting them in 4 weeks. My question is to all of you who have special ordered, how long did it take? Especially interested in recent special orders.
Ordered mine on Dec

I plugged in my VIN, and nothing came back... The dealer email I just received today, says it should arrive at the dealer on Feb 13th...

Users who are viewing this thread