5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Special order questions

Username1

Reaction score
Hey everyone new to the website and interested in special ordering a ram 1500. My question is when I special order, am I able to lock in the rebates at the time of ordering? If not, how do I negotiate a price at the time of order and what’s to keep the dealership from taking my $500 deposit and screwing me on the price once the truck is delivered to them?

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I special ordered mine. Unfortunately you cannot lock any rebates in. You can agree to the price but have to hope the rebates stay the same or get better. My truck got here in 4 weeks and was exactly how I wanted it. I usually try to special order as anything in stock usually is missing something I want or had things I don’t want.

79 300

Reaction score
I just ordered a new 1500 Bighorn on Saturday. My dealer said I will be locked in for the current rebates, but if they increase the rebates when it comes in, I will get the better of the two. It is a win-win in my situation. They did a trade appraisal on my current truck and said that is locked in too, assuming it doesn't get wrecked or something. It might be due to the fact that I have bought a lot of vehicles from them, but they offered this without my asking.

I would check at some other dealers. They can set it up in your favor if they want to.

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
I just ordered a new 1500 Bighorn on Saturday. My dealer said I will be locked in for the current rebates, but if they increase the rebates when it comes in, I will get the better of the two. It is a win-win in my situation. They did a trade appraisal on my current truck and said that is locked in too, assuming it doesn't get wrecked or something. It might be due to the fact that I have bought a lot of vehicles from them, but they offered this without my asking.

I would check at some other dealers. They can set it up in your favor if they want to.

This was how my dealership handled it also. Most dealerships I have heard of handle it the same way.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine allowed me to lock in rebates at order and take new rebates at time of delivery if they were better.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I received different answers from dealerships when shopping on the rebates. Ordered from Salerno Jeep/Ram in Summit NJ on October 15th. $4000 rebate locked in, if it goes up I get the higher but can not go down. I could not lock in a $500 October "rebate", that depends on what is available at time of purchase but it appears November has the same $500. November also has a $1000 black friday "rebate". Hopefully truck comes in before end of November (est ship 11/14 rail car). Will post outcome of "rebates" after purchase.
Again received different answers from dealerships on the status of rebates. Pete at Salerno has 24 years selling vehicles and I feel confident in his knowledge and abilities to "close a deal" to customer and dealership's satisfaction. Went to a total of 8 dealerships over the course of a few weeks. Plenty of Ram dealerships within a short distance of Staten Island, NY. Staten Island dealerships 0 for 6 on buying a new vehicle.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I've done this exact same thing on my Ram and also my previous F150 that I ordered, without issue.

Username1

Reaction score
Awesome just wanted to get some input from someone other then the dealership. Thanks everyone

wthomps79

Reaction score
My dealer did the same. Locked in my rebates at the time of order and if they go up when it arrives I'll get the extra. Also did the trade valuation at the time of order as well so I pretty much knew what my out the door price would be. FWIW I have never stepped foot inside this dealer prior to ordering the truck from them.

November also has a $1000 black friday "rebate".

Oh really. Thats good to know. I need to look at the rebates I had at the time of order but I don't think anything has dropped since then.

Users who are viewing this thread