5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speakers popping with truck off.

Shine006

Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble with their speakers popping with the truck off? Mine pop whenever I open the doors. If I am just sitting in the vehicle and open the mirror they pop and the Evic lights up. Seems that when anything electrical activates while truck is off they pop.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sure it qualifies as "trouble". Our new trucks are never totally "off", the main computer is always running. So this is speculation: the audio amp may be in low power "standby" mode, and gets turned on for any event that has the potential to cause a welcome or warning sound. It's common for solid-state amps to produce a little pop in the speakers on power-up, and that may be all you hear if it's not followed by a chime or something.

Shine006

Reaction score
I'm not sure it qualifies as "trouble". Our new trucks are never totally "off", the main computer is always running. So this is speculation: the audio amp may be in low power "standby" mode, and gets turned on for any event that has the potential to cause a welcome or warning sound. It's common for solid-state amps to produce a little pop in the speakers on power-up, and that may be all you hear if it's not followed by a chime or something.
There is no chime. Just a pop in the speakers when anything electrical powers up when the truck is off. I just have the 6 speaker base system. Didn’t think it had an amp outside of the head unit? Honestly more worried about battery drain.

Users who are viewing this thread