5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speakers Cutting Out

TrueBlue69

Reaction score
I am having the same speaker issue with the front left speaker cutting out randomly in my 2022 Limited. I first experienced this issue when I was using Google Maps and the voice prompts for directions would only play in the right front speaker and then the music would start to only play in the right front speaker (when using Google Maps). I stopped using Google Maps and started using Waze and Apple Maps and that seemed to help out. That was about 6 months ago. Now, 2 days ago, I am having the music cut out randomly start to cut out again in the right front speakers. Sounds like a Uconnect issue. I was going to take it to the dealership since I am at 35K miles and still under factory warranty, but not sure they will be able to fix or even replicate the issue. It just drives me bonkers when it cuts out. I will try to update the latest iOS version on my Apple 14 phone and then try without using CarPlay to see if that helps.

bigboost

Reaction score
I have been going through this issue with the front left dash speaker and the front left door speaker going in and out randomly or just staying out. I had an iPhone 13 doing this and thought that phone was the culprit so I replaced the phone with an iPhone 15 (big mistake). Apparently the 15 has problems with Uconnect but works in other manufacturers cars. Anyway, the dealership told me that this was my problem and I told them it did it with a 13, the response was that yesterday they performed updates on the system and the older phones should work. So I came home and tested and now the system works with iPhone 14 and older but not iPhone 15. The service manager told me the problems present in many ways and that Stellantas needs to get an update down. I told him Stellantas is a multibillion dollar company and shouldn't have these problems lingering. He agreed and said it could take them a year to work out the problems. So now do I jus buy another phone or wait, I have thought about going the Android route with a known good phone but are there other issues there is the question, I know I have seen Android Auto complaints as well.
Don't worry, it's not your apple device, it's the Uconnect lol.

I have used an Iphone 7, 12 , 13, and 15, as well as an Android S24 and an S23 have lost audio with all of them. I am currently using my Iphone 15 Pro exclusively and the issues occur from time to time, but it still "works"

Also had the the exact same problem in my 2016 Caprice that has Uconnect.

That being said, 6of36 is correct, don't hold your breath for a fix from Dodge, just embrace the shortcomings and be glad there is a ghetto fix for it lol. (Use steering wheel audio controls to change the audio source)

Users who are viewing this thread