5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speakers Cutting Out

Bsjoiner

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have this really frustrating issue with audio cutting out except for the front passenger door speakers. The truck is 22’ Limited and had the HK stereo. I have my phone connected via wireless CarPlay (I think car play may have something to do with it). No matter what source (Sirius CarPlay or FM) and the speakers will just randomly drop audio for a few seconds expect for the passenger door. It always comes back to normal after a few seconds. It’s very sporadic and I have taken the truck in 3 times now and they never can fix it or reproduce. I went most of the summer without it happening at all but now the issue is back. It makes me think it is temp relayed as it happened when it is cool but not hot (loose wire).

I am ready to trade the truck in as I can’t take it anymore. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#ramcares

Last edited:

danchnson

Reaction score
I am seeing a similiar issue but its just one speaker that cuts out and will cut back in after a few seconds. I'm gonna take mine in for them to explore what is going on and hoping its a speaker wire loose vs the radio

nitmik

Reaction score
Mine lost audio in my front speakers the other day. I did a system reset and it’s been okay since.

PPouw

Reaction score
I also have the same problem with my 2022 limited. It happens random and only on the driver side.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the HK system. I have had an issue where the speakers don't fully cut out, but partially mute to a very soft level. At the time, I was parked and texting with my phone. My iphone was wirelessly connected to carplay and the audio system muting was totally due to me playing with my phone. Once I quit and put my phone down, the audio went back to normal operation. So, for anyone whose audio has variable sound levels, pay attention to what's happening on your phone as it could be a cause.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi guys. I have this really frustrating issue with audio cutting out except for the front passenger door speakers. The truck is 22’ Limited and had the HK stereo. I have my phone connected via wireless CarPlay (I think car play may have something to do with it). No matter what source (Sirius CarPlay or FM) and the speakers will just randomly drop audio for a few seconds expect for the passenger door. It always comes back to normal after a few seconds. It’s very sporadic and I have taken the truck in 3 times now and they never can fix it or reproduce. I went most of the summer without it happening at all but now the issue is back. It makes me think it is temp relayed as it happened when it is cool but not hot (loose wire).

I am ready to trade the truck in as I can’t take it anymore. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#ramcares
Does it happen if the phone is not in the truck?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
One other possibility for left front speaker. It cuts off from music, when the truck is talking to you. If you have the volume down for whatever that message is, it will seem like it is just cutting out. I have noticed the sound cut out before, not noticing that I had the navigation sound turned way down, and she was telling me the info for my next move. If you can catch it, while it is quiet, try turning up the volume knob at that time quickly.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One other possibility for left front speaker. It cuts off from music, when the truck is talking to you. If you have the volume down for whatever that message is, it will seem like it is just cutting out. I have noticed the sound cut out before, not noticing that I had the navigation sound turned way down, and she was telling me the info for my next move. If you can catch it, while it is quiet, try turning up the volume knob at that time quickly.
Good point. I always have my voice directions muted whether in nav or carplay so I didn;t think if that. OP should also check volume settings. The audio settings have separate volume settings for nav than it does for radio.

Zachsfirstride

Reaction score
So you should unmute the voice directions ? My sons left speakers shut down randomly just on drivers side. He uses Apple car play, it does nothing if we quickly turn volume up, but i have android phone, if we turn volume up the sound comes back. But only last for few mins, then you have to keep doing it?

6of36

Reaction score
So you should unmute the voice directions ? My sons left speakers shut down randomly just on drivers side. He uses Apple car play, it does nothing if we quickly turn volume up, but i have android phone, if we turn volume up the sound comes back. But only last for few mins, then you have to keep doing it?
Once you set the volume, it should stay at that setting. Do you have driver memory settings? If so, you have to set that for each driver.

tcfolsom

Reaction score
I have been dealing with the same thing in my 2023 Laramie, w/12" screen/system. I have been troubleshooting this and it's clearly a CarPlay problem. I have read that if you shut down notifications and Mic on every navigation app, like Waze, google maps, Apple Maps, etc. it will help. My fix was simpler - I shut off CARPLAY. Have not had the problem since. I'm waiting to see a real fix for this problem, but until then, all works fine, just no CarPlay.

DuaneMiller

Reaction score
I am experiencing the same issues with the left side speakers cutting out randomly. But unlike some of the other posters, mine does it with the radio, XM/Sirius and CarPlay. I can hear it especially in the front left speakers when it cuts in and out. Whenever I go into the Audio settings, and move the fader around, the left sides are always sort of muted and the volume very very low. When I put it back to the middle, the sound comes back, but then cuts in and out at random times. This all seemed to begin after the last OTA system update...

I have an appointment for it on Tuesday at the dealer for them to take a crack at it... I'm honestly not expecting alot from this visit...

Dirtybird529

Reaction score
Having all these same issues on my 2022 limited 1500 , truck is going in next week . Hope they can solve the problem . However if the is a Uconnect issue there should be some kind of an update or enough of us complain it should at least force their hand to update and fix the situation.
Anyone know who to contact ?

DuaneMiller

Reaction score
As I expected, the dealer couldn't recreate the issue. And before I pulled out of their parking lot, I couldn't get it to cut out either. I am almost 95% certain this is a software issue that through updates, will hopefully work its way out...

I never had this issue, until the last round of s/w updates...

Humphammer

Reaction score
I have a 2024 Ram Limited Elite with less than 1,000 miles on it and mine did the same. Got in the truck and only the passenger side speakers were working. I tried it on Apple car play as well as Sirius XM and FM. Same with all. I pulled over, shut the truck off and started it back and all the speakers were working once again. Has not happened again since but it will probably rear its ugly head again at some point.

Dirtybird529

Reaction score
Having all these same issues on my 2022 limited 1500 , truck is going in next week . Hope they can solve the problem . However if the is a Uconnect issue there should be some kind of an update or enough of us complain it should at least force their hand to
As I expected, the dealer couldn't recreate the issue. And before I pulled out of their parking lot, I couldn't get it to cut out either. I am almost 95% certain this is a software issue that through updates, will hopefully work its way out...

I never had this issue, until the last round of s/w updates...
btw took it to the dealer , updated the Uconnect and it still is happening ( there’s a surprise)
It seems to be just a CarPlay issue with the Uconnect just don’t know who to make complaints to , so we can actually get these softwares to mesh

6of36

Reaction score
I have a 2024 Ram Limited Elite with less than 1,000 miles on it and mine did the same. Got in the truck and only the passenger side speakers were working. I tried it on Apple car play as well as Sirius XM and FM. Same with all. I pulled over, shut the truck off and started it back and all the speakers were working once again. Has not happened again since but it will probably rear its ugly head again at some point.
Things like that happen every so often, with any of the functions. There are so many computer modules in these truck, and when they boot, sometimes they just don't sync, in the milliseconds they are supposed to. Just like when a phone glitches, and needs to reboot. Multiply that by the 20+ modules in the truck.

bigboost

Reaction score
Mine has done the same thing twice now, the center button on the steering wheel audio controls fixes my issue like many have suggested.

I just bought my 2022 Ram, this Uconnect5 system is garbage lol.

Bodean

Reaction score
I have been going through this issue with the front left dash speaker and the front left door speaker going in and out randomly or just staying out. I had an iPhone 13 doing this and thought that phone was the culprit so I replaced the phone with an iPhone 15 (big mistake). Apparently the 15 has problems with Uconnect but works in other manufacturers cars. Anyway, the dealership told me that this was my problem and I told them it did it with a 13, the response was that yesterday they performed updates on the system and the older phones should work. So I came home and tested and now the system works with iPhone 14 and older but not iPhone 15. The service manager told me the problems present in many ways and that Stellantas needs to get an update down. I told him Stellantas is a multibillion dollar company and shouldn't have these problems lingering. He agreed and said it could take them a year to work out the problems. So now do I jus buy another phone or wait, I have thought about going the Android route with a known good phone but are there other issues there is the question, I know I have seen Android Auto complaints as well.

Users who are viewing this thread