5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speakers blown?

frogcrawl

Reaction score
I have the 8.4 screen with the Alpine system. I was listening to FM radio with the volume pretty low, around level 5, when the volume shot through the roof with static, louder than I've ever heard the speakers. Now it sounds like I have no treble to my speakers. When I adjust the treble in audio settings, nothing changes to the sound. Are my speakers blown? The bass still works on all speakers and sounds fine, but I have no highs and maybe very little mids. I have no idea what happened.

frogcrawl

Reaction score
I have the 8.4 screen with the Alpine system. I was listening to FM radio with the volume pretty low, around level 5, when the volume shot through the roof with static, louder than I've ever heard the speakers. Now it sounds like I have no treble to my speakers. When I adjust the treble in audio settings, nothing changes to the sound. Are my speakers blown? The bass still works on all speakers and sounds fine, but I have no highs and maybe very little mids. I have no idea what happened.
Actually my rear door speakers aren't playing any sound at all. I thought they were. Is there a fuse or anything or reset? Or are my speakers blown?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds more like a blown amp.
You can remove the door panels and swap the speakers to check if the rear speaker is bad too, but nonetheless, sounds like your amp is toast.

Users who are viewing this thread