5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaker Upgrade Question

Fletch1205

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just picked up a 2020 Big Horn night edition last week. I’m coming for a 2016 Sport which had the Alpine system.

The new truck’s audio is horrendous. So I’m looking at doing an upgrade. 6x9s in all 4 doors and tweeters. I’m not sure on brand but I see a lot of guys running the Infinity Reference system. But they’ve also mention loss of Bass?

Additionally I’m seeing conflicting information regarding the ANC. Is it required to disconnect it?

Also, CarPlay volume is half of what the radio is. I’ve tried adjusting the fade, disabling speed volume increase, etc. I know this is an issue with CarPlay but will changing speakers help with this at all? I doubt it considering the lack of aftermarket amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Infinity reference series is the most popular, I’m not sure what the ohms are of the stock 6 speaker system but the infinity speakers should work well.

If your CarPlay volume is low it might be a setting on your phone. I would turn sound check off and see if it helps.

Fletch1205

Reaction score
Infinity reference series is the most popular, I’m not sure what the ohms are of the stock 6 speaker system but the infinity speakers should work well.

If your CarPlay volume is low it might be a setting on your phone. I would turn sound check off and see if it helps.

From what I’ve read, the tweeters are 8 ohm and the door speakers are 4 ohm. The stock speakers are very flat in the mid range. I was just hesitant reading that the infinity’s ruined the bass. I don’t plan to add a sub or amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superslow

Reaction score
I replaced the all the factory speakers with the infinity reference series. 6x9's in door and the dash speakers. Before I changed them out I also used Kilamat and treated the doors for sound deadening. I used the crutchfield speaker harness adapters and installed the new speakers. I was unhappy big time with the sound after all that work. Heard some comments around the forums that the dash speakers were out of phase. I de-pinned the dash speaker adapters and put them in the correct phase. Night and Day difference. I have more bass now than with the factory non amplified system. This weekend most likely will be installing my 4 channel amp along with my mono block amp. Fox Acoustics quad Cab box and LLJ customs elite loop back harness finally showed up.

4thRam

Reaction score
I replaced the all the factory speakers with the infinity reference series. 6x9's in door and the dash speakers. Before I changed them out I also used Kilamat and treated the doors for sound deadening. I used the crutchfield speaker harness adapters and installed the new speakers. I was unhappy big time with the sound after all that work. Heard some comments around the forums that the dash speakers were out of phase. I de-pinned the dash speaker adapters and put them in the correct phase. Night and Day difference. I have more bass now than with the factory non amplified system. This weekend most likely will be installing my 4 channel amp along with my mono block amp. Fox Acoustics quad Cab box and LLJ customs elite loop back harness finally showed up.
I have the same set up. Sounds like crap. Lost all low frequencies. Just de-pinning the dash speakers may fix my issue?

Users who are viewing this thread