5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaker swaps on the HK system

sswails1

Reaction score
Is anyone seeing any real benefit with swapping out the dash and door speakers? Seems to be some conflicting information with losing volume and no real gain in SQ. I have a 24 and it sounds pretty damn good, just needs more low end.

I use lossless and Hi Res music only.

I would think higher sensitivity speakers will retain volume. 91-95db range. 4 ohm.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Ive always answered this question over the years by asking what frequency range you feel is deficient. The answer determines what spectrum needs attention. Its not always the speakers themselves that are the problem. The environment is equally important and a vehicle interior is very detrimental to quality audio.
The deficient area to you is low end, so now ask yourself how low in the frequency range is the problem area and what exactly is wrong to your ears? Not enough depth extension? boomy? Not tight enough?
What you are trying to achieve with bass response often directly relates to the music you like. A rap music lovers requirement is far different to a Classical ear.

Users who are viewing this thread