5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaker Replacement - HK system

Robertsjut

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have been searching for this so I thought I would just ask since I can’t find it anywhere.

I’m looking to replace all of the speakers in the HK system.

What do I need.... Speaker Size and Location?

Has anyone done this?

Thanks....

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
for your reading pleasure:

JustMe

Reaction score
for your reading pleasure:
Also CRUTCHFIELD has proven to be Very Helpful with Specifics for any Specific make / model vehicle with many speaker options in all price ranges .

braggster

Reaction score
Dash - 3.5"
Front doors - 6x9 and 3.5"
Rear doors 6x9
Roof - I hope 3.5" cause I just purchased a pair for that location.

spinxt

Reaction score
I’m not sure what you guys think you’re going to get by spending thousands of dollars on replacement speakers. The HK system isn’t perfect, but its very good. I find it skeptical that anyone would notice a difference.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not sure what you guys think you’re going to get by spending thousands of dollars on replacement speakers. The HK system isn’t perfect, but its very good. I find it skeptical that anyone would notice a difference.
Not sure where you’re coming up with thousands of dollars, it’s about $70 for a pair of the infinity’s that most seem to be using and that I used to replace the three dash speakers. I’ll definitely say it’s a noticeable improvement when streaming quality music or listening to a CD, if you’re just listening to Sirius and FM then I agree that the HK is adequate for that purpose and not a necessary change.

drstein

Reaction score
" I have been searching for this so I thought I would just ask since I can’t find it anywhere. "
You couldn't find it anywhere, really ??

braggster

Reaction score
So just got done installing the 3.5" Infinitys in the roof. Had to pull out the Dremel and saws all to make them fit but they are in. The factory speakers that were installed are the same as what is in the dash. It was a pain getting the covers off. Thought for sure I was going to break them. Once one of the corners was loose it came off easy after that.

Users who are viewing this thread