5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaker Recommendation For 6 Speaker Upgrade

ONeill88

Reaction score
Thread title says it all. I'm Canadian and looking to upgrade my dash and both door speakers. I'm not looking to add an amp or sub but looking for a better audio experience. Can anyone share some good upgrade options on canadian sites with quick shipping options? I think I'm looking for 4ohm speakers for the doors and 2ohm for dash is that correct?

Thanks in advance.

RichInMN

Reaction score
The base 6 has 2 ohm front door and 8 ohm dash speakers wired in parallel. This means the doors receive roughly 4 times the power as the dash. In addition, the dash speakers have a very aggressive filter capacitor as well.

Many users have replaced the dash speakers with Kicker, Infinity, or Faital 3.5's and liked the results (search the forum for those words for details), although some mention that using 4 ohm dash speakers causes them to be too bright/loud (the power balance shifts with the load change). Some folks also recommend some "bass blockers" (filter capacitor) for those dash speakers. I would also caution that lowering the overall impedance can put the head unit's internal amplifier at risk of overheating or failure.

There are a number of threads on this; a lot of folks have done this upgrade - hopefully this gets you started in the right direction!

Users who are viewing this thread