5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaker question

GWillings

Reaction score
Just a quick follow up. I had the Alpine R2-s69c (dash and front doors) and the Alpine R2-S69 (rear doors) installed in my truck today. They are playing off the stock Alpine amp in my truck. They sound absolutely incredible!! I cant believe how impressive the soundstage is. 20 is the loudest that I went. The bass was shaking, no distortion. Theres no need (for me) to go any louder than that. Even though they are 85RMS speakers, the 50 watts per channel is plenty!

The rears are coaxial, and the FILL the back seat with sound, and spill into the front a little bit. Its like being completely surrounded.

I was planning on doing a second stage with an Optim8 amp and sub. The guys at the car audio place told me they didnt think that I needed the new amp. I totally agree. They basically kissed $1,700 goodbye by making that recommendation.

If you are in the Houston area, Bico Stereo is the place to go. They did my last Ram also.

All in, it was $750 and worth every penny

PS. I didnt use an ANC bypass harness, and there is no interference at all in the sound. Not sure if its because everything was Alpine
Yes that is because you are using the stock amp which is integrated into the over all system. The ANC issues come about when you use the factory wiring and adding an amp to the system that did not have one in the first place. That is when you need to bypass the ANC. Otherwise you have to run speaker wires from the back of the stereo to an amp and then back out to the individual speaker, which you have to run the wiring through the molex in the doors to get to the speakers. Which is a complete PITA. I used a loopback wiring system which I had to bypass the ANC.

Users who are viewing this thread