5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaker Popping

Straightener

Reaction score
Ok, looked around and I am scratching my head. I picked up my Ram in the summer and one of the first mods was a speaker swap. I have 6 speaker system (non-Alpine). I replaced all 6 speakers with Infinity, and verified the polarity of each speaker per information I found on this site. System sounded awesome with no problems. I also used the quick connects supplied by Crutchfield so I didn’t have cut or splice anything (I did have to reverse the pins in some of these connectors due to the aforementioned polarity checks). Fast forward to a couple weeks ago. I have started getting a popping sound in the front passenger door speaker. Now I am getting popping in all the front speakers. It seems to correspond to ’aggressive’ bass (I listen to classic/hard rock so this radio is not ’thumping’). It seems to be getting worse and doesn’t line up with the ANC problems many have commented on. Any suggestions? I’m in the northeast so the weather outside is ‘lovely’ this time of year and I don’t fancy pulling my doors apart... I am hoping to have something to go on before I start poking around.
Thanks!

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the infinity’s as well and have had no problem. Doubtful you are overdriving the door speakers unless you added an amp, they can handle that stock head unit no problem. It’s possible to overdrive the dash with too much bass if you didn’t add the bass blockers that should have come with the 3.5” infinity’s. If it’s happening with the doors then my guess would be a bad connection somewhere. You could either have a pinched wire or short. I would start at the amp/anc under the drivers seat and check the connections, etc. If it still is happening you will unfortunately have to pull the doors and make sure your wiring harnesses aren’t being pinched, you repinned the harnesses correctly, etc. I would also add those bass blockers to the front first if you didn’t already.

Users who are viewing this thread