5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaker covers

davidajpritchard

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can just replace the metal covers on the Harmon Kardon grills? One of mine got damaged.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I remember seeing small metal tabs bent over the edge of the plastic speaker cutout when I was looking at my panels. I can only assume they hold the metal in place, so I would think you could order the part and replace it. I would call whoever you plan to order the part from and they should be able to tell you. If the part can be ordered, it should be replaceable.

davidajpritchard

Reaction score
I remember seeing small metal tabs bent over the edge of the plastic speaker cutout when I was looking at my panels. I can only assume they hold the metal in place, so I would think you could order the part and replace it. I would call whoever you plan to order the part from and they should be able to tell you. If the part can be ordered, it should be replaceable.
I stopped by the collision center at the dealer near me and they said there is no part number for just the grill. Said they'd need to order an entire door panel to fix it. $2800cad plus .6 of an hour for labour. Ouch!

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hold on and let me choke for a minute... or two.

I might try to find a door panel from a savage yard and ask them if you can remove the metal piece.

davidajpritchard

Reaction score
Hold on and let me choke for a minute... or two.

I might try to find a door panel from a savage yard and ask them if you can remove the metal piece.
I started searching online inventory at local wreckers. I have not found one yet. The dealer suggested calling my insurance company, my broker said I should be ok to run it through them.

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Insurance is an idea. Even if they rate you up a little, it probably wouldn't ever be as much as the panel would cost, but maybe they won't rate you.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped by the collision center at the dealer near me and they said there is no part number for just the grill. Said they'd need to order an entire door panel to fix it. $2800cad plus .6 of an hour for labour. Ouch!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

The entire door panel cost is US$500-900 online, depending on the trim and features. Installing it on the door (without swapping the parts from the old panel) should take no longer then 5 minutes.

Last edited:

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
There def isnt a part number for the grille, not even on the supplier side. You would need a whole panel. Donor panel would work. You can get with a independent collsion shop and see if they can get you a used one cheaper. LKQ is also a good option.

Users who are viewing this thread