5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sparkplugs

jljbtm

Reaction score
I'm at 81,000 miles on my Ram and I don't know when to replace them or what brand to use

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm at 81,000 miles on my Ram and I don't know when to replace them or what brand to use

You could pull a couple and see how they look...or just go ahead and change them at your leisure.

This may not be a popular opinion on sparkplugs, but I run factory plugs. Even on my previous truck which was an Ecoboost that went through plugs like candy, I ran the factory plugs.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There's 16 of them so be sure it's worth the effort and money, it's around $150 for all the plugs. Turning yourself into a contortionist and busting your knuckles, priceless

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's 16 of them so be sure it's worth the effort and money, it's around $150 for all the plugs. Turning yourself into a contortionist and busting your knuckles, priceless
It isn't that bad... takes about an hour or so(I have replaced alot of Hemi spark plugs).

I recommend OEM spark plugs, at one point years ago if the wrong plugs were installed it would cause a stalling issue.

jljbtm

Reaction score
Okay thanks guys I couldn't find my owner's manual that's why I was asking

Users who are viewing this thread