5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sparking sound during some startups?

yaksushi

Reaction score
Anyone notice what sounds like wires sparking when starting their trucks up in the morning? I feel like the spark sound happens after the truck has been parked in the garage overnight and I first put my foot on the break to push the start button.

Waitforit0045

Reaction score
There are several sounds you may hear when starting. There may be a clunk, almost like a grinding noise, that shouldn't be there but unfortunately it is; or you may hear some electronic noises about a second or 2 after starting. These are normal and are all the actuators that are involved in turning everything on.

Those are the closest thing to a sparking noise that I have experienced.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Next time you start the truck, take your foot off the brake when it begins to turn over. This may stop the noise you are hearing

yaksushi

Reaction score
Tested it again yesterday, it is a distinct sparking noise under the truck on the drivers side when the break is pushed down prior to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online