5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spares

Jmort1754

Reaction score
Anyone have any insight on a spare tire.

Just put 275/70/18 on my big horn.

Want to make sure I have a near size spare on it.

What should I do ? Buy another take off wheel or ??

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure what you’re asking here. Since you have a Bighorn, I assume your spare is a tiny donut. So if you want something similar in size to your new tires, I don’t see an alternative to buying another wheel and tire.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Exactly any idea where to buy one ? I can only find sets.
I've got three 18" Bighorn rims for sale. I'll sell 'em one at a time. Are you anywhere near Los Angeles? Planning any trips to Disneyland? I'm not interested in trying to box and ship. Not anymore. Sold.

Or do what I did and watch the classified on Nextdoor and Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. I picked up four wheels and tires with only a few hundred miles on them for $300 plus gas to drive 60 miles each way to get them.

Last edited:

moparleo51

Reaction score
i have a new take off oem rebel spare, i`m in ohio if your near.

Davidbt

Reaction score
Anyone have any insight on a spare tire.

Just put 275/70/18 on my big horn.

Want to make sure I have a near size spare on it.

What should I do ? Buy another take off wheel or ??
I've been searching the hell out of the forums and trying to find information on the exact same tire size. I just have a stock Big Horn and wondering if there is any rubbing. Would you happen to have a picture?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You now have a 33" tire, so a good simple solution is a used Rebel wheel/tire which are 33" from factory, they should fit with no issues or even a Rebel spare, which should be noted is slightly smaller than the stock Duratracs Rebels come.

When you go to 34/35", you may need to deflate the tire a bit, some have installed even larger spares by cutting the backend of the tow hitch that is inside that space to give more clearance. But that's way beyond where you are now with your new tires.

Not sure your area, but moparleo51 has a Rebel spare in Ohio. If not close, I would check your local Craigslist and Offerup first before you buy a new wheel/tire of similar size.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Here you go.

Put your OEM wheel into here, and you can see what else you can use.
I have a 18 inch rim that I use as a spare even though I have 22s on all 4 tires.

1670198224183.png

You can look to see if you can find a cheap rim, and then see what size tires you can put on. Try and get the diameter and circumference within 1-3%

The spare tire that ships even on the Limited is essentially a single use tire. It's "full size" but there is basically 0 tread on it.

I run 285/45R22 and my spare is 265/65R18

1670198438265.png

Users who are viewing this thread