5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spare Tire Pressure Check

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Many a time I’m still on the road at 02:00 so a flat tire half way between no where and having to stay at the Bates Motel is something that isn’t acceptable.

So I had my dealer order me a matching rim and an OEM 20” tire so that makes my truck eligible for a five tire rotation.

Ok I’m lazy and I don’t want to get out my spare tire tool kit under the passenger seat every time I want to check the pressure on my spare tire.

I’ve read here the arguments on mounting your tire with the valve stem up and the valve stem pointing down.

I’m an up kind of guy.

So to make checking the spare tire pressure easier I ordered:

GEARWRENCH 3/8" Drive Locking Impact Extension, 33"

GEARWRENCH 3/8" Drive Deep Metric Socket 13mm, 12 Point

Makita A-97053 Impactx 3/8″ x 2″ Socket Adapter

Utoolmart 3/8 Inch Drive Sliding T-Handle Socket Wrench

I tried the 8 Point Socket 1/2” and while it fits the 13mm 12 point deep drive fits like a glove.

If you use a 24” extension you are to close to your bumper and if you use a non-locking extension your socket can come off.

Taping your socket on is one option or get the locking extension.

Now you can use your cordless power drill to raise and lower your tire.

The sliding T-Handle is to break loose the tire for lowering and to make the final snug when stowing the tire.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread