5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spare tire carrier options

knightwolf007

Reaction score
I am looking to add a 2nd spare tire carrier. I do a lot of remote back country driving and having a 2nd secure spare is almost a must. I have been looking at some of these bed mounted options similar to the TRX (only a ton cheaper). Where is the actual gas tank located? Wouldnt want to actually drill into it installing one. I am thinking about ordering and installing this https://www.morris4x4center.com/rou...vaJ2a5wmYNCpElP16m-HF6wKjUjpLtihoC4QoQAvD_BwE . Just wondering how a PITA it would be and if i would actually have to get up underneath the truck and remove stuff in order to bolt this in. Anyone install something similar?

Ch.payton

Reaction score
Another option would be hitch mounted carriers or spend more and get a custom bumper with a carrier. I wouldn’t think the gas tank would be so close to the bed that you couldn’t install this but I haven’t personally looked. Look and see what the distance is from bed to tank and if it’s close put a stopper on the drill but so you don’t go into the tank.

Users who are viewing this thread