5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spare key locked in RamBox

NHREBEL2

Reaction score
Today I left my FOB in the cab when I got out at the store. I pressed the button and locked the truck. Immediately realized what had happened.
I leave my spare key in my Camelback which is in the RamBox most of the time. Of course the RamBox was locked too. Luckily I had my phone on me and could unlock with the Uconnect.

I know this has been mentioned but I thought I'd remind anyone that leaves their spare in the Box. Keep your FOB in your pocket.

It is odd that you can lock the truck but it won't let you unlock by grabbing the handle.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Today I left my FOB in the cab when I got out at the store. I pressed the button and locked the truck. Immediately realized what had happened.
I leave my spare key in my Camelback which is in the RamBox most of the time. Of course the RamBox was locked too. Luckily I had my phone on me and could unlock with the Uconnect.

I know this has been mentioned but I thought I'd remind anyone that leaves their spare in the Box. Keep your FOB in your pocket.

It is odd that you can lock the truck but it won't let you unlock by grabbing the handle.
Glad it worked out for you. When I get out of the truck and start to walk away, I make it a practice to lock the truck with the fob button. That way, I know I haven't left the fob in the truck. Kind of a pain though to have to reach in my pocket to retrieve the fob. My how spoiled we have become. :)

Mason1217

Reaction score
Glad it worked out for you. When I get out of the truck and start to walk away, I make it a practice to lock the truck with the fob button. That way, I know I haven't left the fob in the truck. Kind of a pain though to have to reach in my pocket to retrieve the fob. My how spoiled we have become. :)
Should have gotten a bighorn, then instead of felling spoiled by passive entry, you’ll feel cheated of that feature like the rest of us :)

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Should have gotten a bighorn, then instead of felling spoiled by passive entry, you’ll feel cheated of that feature like the rest of us :)
Ha. I guess it's better to feel spoiled, than cheated. But I'm kinda spoiled like that. :):)

Mason1217

Reaction score
Ha. I guess it's better to feel spoiled, than cheated. But I'm kinda spoiled like that. :):)
I do feel like I got the wool pulled over my eyes lol, had it on a much much cheaper 300S and saw it said “keyless go” on the truck but those tricky bastards in marketing fooled me by making 2 options, “keyless go” and “keyless enter and go” ok Auburn Hills, you got me. Well played.

Users who are viewing this thread