5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spacer kits safe?

Cangt77

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a 2022 Laramie and mainly want to raise it 2 inches all around. I’m not doing off roading or adding bigger tires it’s mainly for just cosmetic purposes, plus it’s much more affordable. I called a shop recently and he told me he “doesn’t do any spacer levels” on 5th gen Rams specifically because they always have issues with something wearing out and he doesn’t want to be responsible(I forget what but he said but I think it was the axle). Is this true? Or is he just full of **** lol.

Adjutant

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a 2022 Laramie and mainly want to raise it 2 inches all around. I’m not doing off roading or adding bigger tires it’s mainly for just cosmetic purposes, plus it’s much more affordable. I called a shop recently and he told me he “doesn’t do any spacer levels” on 5th gen Rams specifically because they always have issues with something wearing out and he doesn’t want to be responsible(I forget what but he said but I think it was the axle). Is this true? Or is he just full of **** lol.
If youre doing JUST 2" spacers for aesthetics, then add new upper control arms. This will address the geometry issues. They would be minimal regardless.

There are hundreds of people just on this board that have done spacers. They are fine.

I know youre getting completely disparate advice, but my informed opinion is that you will be fine. Just add the UCAs for peace of mind

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If youre doing JUST 2" spacers for aesthetics, then add new upper control arms. This will address the geometry issues. They would be minimal regardless.

There are hundreds of people just on this board that have done spacers. They are fine.

I know youre getting completely disparate advice, but my informed opinion is that you will be fine. Just add the UCAs for peace of mind
Haha, don't try to tell Cheyenne anything suspension, he's the expert. Spacers don't work and will make your ball joints fail 100% of the time. Completely disregard the millions of people that use them within their use case that have zero issues.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haha, don't try to tell Cheyenne anything suspension, he's the expert. Spacers don't work and will make your ball joints fail 100% of the time. Completely disregard the millions of people that use them within their use case that have zero issues.
Someone a little butthurt because you're running garbage suspension?! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Btw thanks for the CheapEntertainment

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Someone a little butthurt because you're running garbage suspension?! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Nah. Your Band-aid example was perfect. Why get stitches for a paper cut when a Band-aid will work perfectly fine? On the flip side of that, a Band-aid won't work on a 2cm wide cut. They have separate use cases. The people that don't understand that and expect spacers to equal struts or coilovers are the ones that are the loud minority.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nah. Your Band-aid example was perfect. Why get stitches for a paper cut when a Band-aid will work perfectly fine? On the flip side of that, a Band-aid won't work on a 2cm wide cut. They have separate use cases. The people that don't understand that and expect spacers to equal struts or coilovers are the ones that are the loud minority.
I love when people try and justify their poor judgment for using garbage. Thanks. My life is worth more then garbage spacers.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
55k miles on my spacers, should get another 40k or so until I replace my struts at 100k and go with leveling struts or coilover setup. No sense wasting my OEM struts or trying to sell for pennies on the dollar.
(y)

Users who are viewing this thread