5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Space under the Console & slidey thing

Goomba

Reaction score
ok, so I don't know what the official name for this thing is. So you've got your console, the thing underneath it where the cup holders are that you can slide back and forth. Underneath that, there's space for whatever & up underneath the "cell phone holder" (i think that's what it's called if you don't have the wireless charging, I don't use it for anything) or wireless charging pad, whichever you have, there's this little open space, next to the power outlet. What does everyone use that for? Sometimes I put my 5-hour energies there or a smokes I end up forgetting about. Ok, so I was going to attach a picture but saw how dusty & messy it looks & decided I'd rather not. Just curious.

Mr. Hindsight

Reaction score
That’s where the CD player was for the 2019 models. That was removed for 2020 as far as I know. Is that it in the pic? I usually put a pack of Trident gum in there.

5A50F722-C923-4D0E-B7A2-BF5C3F0B4BBA.jpeg

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
ok, so I don't know what the official name for this thing is. So you've got your console, the thing underneath it where the cup holders are that you can slide back and forth. Underneath that, there's space for whatever & up underneath the "cell phone holder" (i think that's what it's called if you don't have the wireless charging, I don't use it for anything) or wireless charging pad, whichever you have, there's this little open space, next to the power outlet. What does everyone use that for? Sometimes I put my 5-hour energies there or a smokes I end up forgetting about. Ok, so I was going to attach a picture but saw how dusty & messy it looks & decided I'd rather not. Just curious.

Now that's funny right there, slidey thing.

Steve

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can just see it in this pic

Attachments

• 065AA2FA-4766-4473-A5B9-507993EA644F.jpeg
    065AA2FA-4766-4473-A5B9-507993EA644F.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 194

K9cop

Reaction score
I think shes referring to the small space under the cell phone holder. CD player is above the holder. I stash my smokes in there and forget about them all the time. Lol
Yeah, I thought that was what they were referring to as well. That's where I hide my hand sanitizer.

Sent from my OnePlus 7t using Tapatalk

BigD

Reaction score
I put my wallet in there.

GAscooter

Reaction score
I keep an iPod in there with a cable run up and around to the usb. I know it’s old school, but I use the CD player as well.

Goomba

Reaction score
That’s where the CD player was for the 2019 models. That was removed for 2020 as far as I know. Is that it in the pic? I usually put a pack of Trident gum in there.

View attachment 53966
No no I'm not talking about there. I'm talking about even further down. Like if you push that cup holder deal all the way back & at the bottom of the big area where you can put whatever, there's a little square of space that you can put something may be no bigger than size of a pack of cigarettes or in my case, I fit exactly two 5-hour energies there.

Goomba

Reaction score
I think shes referring to the small space under the cell phone holder. CD player is above the holder. I stash my smokes in there and forget about them all the time. Lol
DING DING DING, We HAVE a winner!!! As a matter of fact, I do believe that's what I said. I do not have a CD player in mine. I did in my 2019 that I got last November but that one I didn't have for long. I guess it was really more of a means to an end to swap for this one. Also, if you lift up your console, there's a piece that flips up its Maybe 3" or 4'' H & the width of the console. It's towards the back of the space underneath the cup holder "slidey thing". Just right below where it says Max Fill. Why doesn't say Max Fill? Are people filling that with liquid? Certainly does not seem a particularly smart idea however I can't figure another reason for "Max Fill" being on it.

Attachments

• 20200426_064219.jpg
    20200426_064219.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 138

Goomba

Reaction score
Now that's funny right there, slidey thing.

Steve
Yes, HIGHLY technical mechanical terminology. They don't tell you these things at the dealership. You have to find them out from terminology experts such as myself.
Tiffany

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
DING DING DING, We HAVE a winner!!! As a matter of fact, I do believe that's what I said. I do not have a CD player in mine. I did in my 2019 that I got last November but that one I didn't have for long. I guess it was really more of a means to an end to swap for this one. Also, if you lift up your console, there's a piece that flips up its Maybe 3" or 4'' H & the width of the console. It's towards the back of the space underneath the cup holder "slidey thing". Just right below where it says Max Fill. Why doesn't say Max Fill? Are people filling that with liquid? Certainly does not seem a particularly smart idea however I can't figure another reason for "Max Fill" being on it.
:LOL: :ROFLMAO: the max fill line is there because if you put something in there above that line you won't be able to slide your "slidey thingy" ;)

Goomba

Reaction score
:LOL: :ROFLMAO: the max fill line is there because if you put something in there above that line you won't be able to slide your "slidey thingy" ;)
Are you makin fun? Aw hey, who cares.
See I wondered about that but I thought certainly it's not for that because I would think most could figure out on their own how much you can & can not put in there.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you makin fun? Aw hey, who cares.
See I wondered about that but I thought certainly it's not for that because I would think most could figure out on their own how much you can & can not put in there.
I wouldn't make fun of anybody :sneaky:. I agree that most would be able to figure that out but FCA felt the need to insult everybody's intelligence I guess. I'm not sure if I ever noticed the little space below the phone charger but if my wallet fits in there then I just found a new home for it (y)

NHRoadking

Reaction score

You can never have enough cubbies for stuff. What did we do before we had massive center consoles and two glove compartments?

Goomba

Reaction score
You can never have enough cubbies for stuff. What did we do before we had massive center consoles and two glove compartments?
Left all the unnecessary sh*t at home. Why do you think some womens purses are the size of a small car? Personally, I do NOT like purses. Most I take with me is smokes & a beverage. As for guys, I have no idea. My Dad, taught high school Computer Science & Mathematics for 30 years & 99% of the time, wore a shirt with front pocket in it. He kept his a pen, couple overhead markers & smokes in his pocket. On his visor, he kept his magnetic sunglasses. I think that's basically all he took in his vehicle aside from the Diet Coke can graveyard in the passenger floorboard.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Left all the unnecessary sh*t at home. Why do you think some womens purses are the size of a small car? Personally, I do NOT like purses. Most I take with me is smokes & a beverage. As for guys, I have no idea. My Dad, taught high school Computer Science & Mathematics for 30 years & 99% of the time, wore a shirt with front pocket in it. He kept his a pen, couple overhead markers & smokes in his pocket. On his visor, he kept his magnetic sunglasses. I think that's basically all he took in his vehicle aside from the Diet Coke can graveyard in the passenger floorboard.
I never think I have that much stuff in my truck but whenever it comes time to sell it or trade it in I realize how much s*** I accumulated in it over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online