5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South west gang here!!

BigBoi

Reaction score
I was afraid of that being a problem with the LCD mirror. Let me know how it works when driving directly away from a setting or rising sun, so that the sun is shining directly into the camera. I bet that will be an issue too.
When I left the house yesterday, I had to turn the brightness all the way up on the screen. I haven’t had to adjust it since.
I’m accustomed to looking into the rear view mirror & seeing myself &/or at a minimum the backseat & the headrests.... Starting to like the new rear view screen except that I can’t see the *** end/tailgate spot on my truck. But when I put it in reverse, all the other cameras turn on in the 12” screen to try and help me compensate for the reared of the truck view that I’m accustomed to being able to see from the rear view mirror. I’ve never really used all the cameras in my 2019 Limited, but I’m starting to try to utilize all these new features in my new 2021 Limited.

They added about 25 new features in the 2021 RAM’s.

BigBoi

Reaction score
When I left the house yesterday, I had to turn the brightness all the way up on the screen. I haven’t had to adjust it since.
I’m accustomed to looking into the rear view mirror & seeing myself &/or at a minimum the backseat & the headrests.... Starting to like the new rear view screen except that I can’t see the *** end/tailgate spot on my truck. But when I put it in reverse, all the other cameras turn on in the 12” screen to try and help me compensate for the reared of the truck view that I’m accustomed to being able to see from the rear view mirror. I’ve never really used all the cameras in my 2019 Limited, but I’m starting to try to utilize all these new features in my new 2021 Limited.

They added about 25 new features in the 2021 RAM’s.
After a 200+ mile non stop road trip, I did notice that when the bright sun or bright reflections hit the camera fov for the rear view mirror/screen, it takes the camera a few seconds for the camera to adjust the iris of the camera to help compensate the appearance of the rear view display. On some occasions it still was displaying the camera image, but I could also slightly see some reflections that showed the video image plus reflections of my bed cover & top of tailgate etc. If I could get the view adjusted the correctly to reflect what my normal rear view mirror would, I don’t think it will be much of an issue, as the reflection view is adjusted down to low currently while I am trying to get used to the new tech rear view screen.

Skater

Reaction score
After a 200+ mile non stop road trip, I did notice that when the bright sun or bright reflections hit the camera fov for the rear view mirror/screen, it takes the camera a few seconds for the camera to adjust the iris of the camera to help compensate the appearance of the rear view display. On some occasions it still was displaying the camera image, but I could also slightly see some reflections that showed the video image plus reflections of my bed cover & top of tailgate etc. If I could get the view adjusted the correctly to reflect what my normal rear view mirror would, I don’t think it will be much of an issue, as the reflection view is adjusted down to low currently while I am trying to get used to the new tech rear view screen.
Thanks for the update. I also thought the inability to adjust the angle of the camera above the 3rd brake light may pose an issue too. If the camera is focused properly for me, it may not be for you ,or others. If the camera lens is a fisheye then "things in mirror appear 'further' and 'smaller' than they really are" becomes a safety issue. The technology is so new that all of the kinks just have not been worked out.

Thanks again for the update. Your time and review are very much appreciated.

BigBoi

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I also thought the inability to adjust the angle of the camera above the 3rd brake light may pose an issue too. If the camera is focused properly for me, it may not be for you ,or others. If the camera lens is a fisheye then "things in mirror appear 'further' and 'smaller' than they really are" becomes a safety issue. The technology is so new that all of the kinks just have not been worked out.

Thanks again for the update. Your time and review are very much appreciated.

You can adjust the camera angle & brightness within the mirror/screen settings. I didn’t start using the camera till Wednesday & have not turned it back off since then as of yet. Still trying to get accustomed to it.

BigBoi
2021 RAM 1500 Limited 4x4 Granite Crystal Metallic Night Edition

Gitter

Reaction score
Hi from St Louis area. I'll be joining you guys in Texas in a few months. We just sold our house and am in the process of moving out this week. Next week we go into temp living until we move in June to the San Antonio area. We are looking forward to it since my wife used to live there when she was in grade school and I have always wanted to get an assignment in the area.

So for those in SA, where are good places to look for housing (on the NE side - I'll be working at Randolph)?

Also, which dealers have better service departments in the area? My truck is still very new and has had no issues, but I hate working with service departments that default to turning away warranty work requests unless you hound them with proof that you can smack them in the face with it.

Sherran

Reaction score
Hi from St Louis area. I'll be joining you guys in Texas in a few months. We just sold our house and am in the process of moving out this week. Next week we go into temp living until we move in June to the San Antonio area. We are looking forward to it since my wife used to live there when she was in grade school and I have always wanted to get an assignment in the area.

So for those in SA, where are good places to look for housing (on the NE side - I'll be working at Randolph)?

Also, which dealers have better service departments in the area? My truck is still very new and has had no issues, but I hate working with service departments that default to turning away warranty work requests unless you hound them with proof that you can smack them in the face with it.

Ancira is where I bought my truck from and I've taken it back to have the driver side mirror looked at. They have a pretty big service department and they're all very nice and informative. They also have called me a few times to see if I was still having issues with my side mirror which was unexpected. I live about an hour away from this dealership and there's easily 5 or so that are much closer, but I'd rather drive to this one for anything.

10807 I-10, San Antonio, TX 78230

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score

First off, congratulations! Welcome aboard and to town. Second, if your into meeting people and other RAM peeps there is a TRCSA chapter club. TRC thing is state wide. I won’t bore others or yourself with blah blah on that so if interest or have Qs about other stuff just PM me.
For dealers— Word around is that no one sticks out from greatness. Probably Boerne location is best one for warranty because they were a sponsor not anymore... long story...... At least they have a eye on them for warranty and non warranty work.
Housing—- I’ve been here since ‘07. SA was good size then. I’d say you need to just come and check out. Lots of factors... if you kids, commuting, house price/needs range to name a few. I used to live in the no where land. Now it’s packed and I’m still in same house lol.

Gitter

Reaction score
Thanks Sherran and Nails!

Hopefully I won't have to deal with the dealers much...but I know it's inevitable. Every car eventually needs to be serviced. This is more true now that they have gotten so complex.

Plus, if I ever get around to it I would like to swap out my 23 gal tank with the 33 gal tank. The smaller tank calls for more careful trip planning when towing our travel trailer. I know I can swap it out myself (thanks to the great people on this forum who have already done it), but finding time is always the hard part. So it'd be good to have a good service department to turn to if I need it.

I'll definitely check out the TRC too. It's always fun to be around other car & truck enthusiasts!

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome, if you are into socializing and being around other Ram heads plenty of clubs around that area

Bert31

Reaction score
Hello Southwest gang!

Live in Albuquerque, NM - plan to spend much of the summer up in Northern NM with some Colorado, Utah and AZ mixed in. Looking forward to being able to make some overlanding friends in this area!

Fatherdeath

Reaction score
for Us here in AZ had a shop in the Mesa/Queen creek area mufflers and more off Ellsworth do my muffler delete thursday and was very happy took all of 30 min and they welded and bent a 409 SS pipe for 100 flat, really helps it pick up sound with out being offensive

Mb7640

Reaction score
for Us here in AZ had a shop in the Mesa/Queen creek area mufflers and more off Ellsworth do my muffler delete thursday and was very happy took all of 30 min and they welded and bent a 409 SS pipe for 100 flat, really helps it pick up sound with out being offensive
What's the name of it? I usually go to a1 auto and muffler in apache junction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/