5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South west gang here!!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Remember texas and local/commuters, if your not already involved. TRC is pretty great group to be involved with. Obviously I’m with the SA chapter. Especially if your social butterfly and enjoy trucks and individual builds.
Giving back and helping local community is high priority
Just joined the DFW chapter!

Skater

Reaction score
I miss El Paso. There are some great rock crawling tails around there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Never done any rock crawling. I have always been too afraid to scratch up my DD. I have heard some folks tell of areas in Red Sands, near Hueco Tanks, and the west side cliffs in the east valley just south of McGregor Range providing some all day entertainment for those with beadlocks on their tires who like to run low air pressure. Problem is over the past 10 years or so McGregor Range has expanded north and south along the east basin, probably too close to 62/180 to be safe because the expansion consists of multiple firing ranges for tanks and various calibers of firearms and rifles. Take a look at Google Maps in the east valley near the county line. That large semicircle there is the south end of the range. Scroll up to the mountain cliffs and you will see many tank ranges with moving targets. North of that area, the areas of Oro Grande and Dog Canyon too have been consumed by rocket and patriot missile ranges for LAWs and other forms of short land to air target practice, not to mention the small cities setup to train on clearing buildings in the desert. There is just too much action out there nowadays to be close to the army reservations boarders.

jvoid4

Reaction score
Never done any rock crawling. I have always been too afraid to scratch up my DD. I have heard some folks tell of areas in Red Sands, near Hueco Tanks, and the west side cliffs in the east valley just south of McGregor Range providing some all day entertainment for those with beadlocks on their tires who like to run low air pressure. Problem is over the past 10 years or so McGregor Range has expanded north and south along the east basin, probably too close to 62/180 to be safe because the expansion consists of multiple firing ranges for tanks and various calibers of firearms and rifles. Take a look at Google Maps in the east valley near the county line. That large semicircle there is the south end of the range. Scroll up to the mountain cliffs and you will see many tank ranges with moving targets. North of that area, the areas of Oro Grande and Dog Canyon too have been consumed by rocket and patriot missile ranges for LAWs and other forms of short land to air target practice, not to mention the small cities setup to train on clearing buildings in the desert. There is just too much action out there nowadays to be close to the army reservations boarders.

I never ran any trails around McGregor. Most of the trails we use are in New Mexico, east of Las Cruces. If your interested I can get you in touch with some really good guys. They have been running those trails for many years.

Skater

Reaction score
Thank you for defending the valuable freedoms and protections our country and those which your sacrifices safeguard, affording us all the ability to openly voice our opinions and sleep well at night knowing the brave men and women of our various military branches are standing fast protecting the United States of America, and all who pledge allegiance to the 50 Stars and 13 Stripes flying high in RED WHITE & BLUE.

In short, Thank you for your service.

ADA? CAV?

Skater

Reaction score
I never ran any trails around McGregor. Most of the trails we use are in New Mexico, east of Las Cruces. If your interested I can get you in touch with some really good guys. They have been running those trails for many years.
I’ll pm you when I get the nerve to go.

orange01z28

Reaction score
Hey I just moved from Huntington Beach, CA to Queen Creek, AZ. I have to wait til our new house is done in September to start modifying the 2019 Rebel Quad Cab I got a couple months ago but I've been lurking on this forum since I got it and I looking forward to getting more active now

Skater

Reaction score
Hey I just moved from Huntington Beach, CA to Queen Creek, AZ. I have to wait til our new house is done in September to start modifying the 2019 Rebel Quad Cab I got a couple months ago but I've been lurking on this forum since I got it and I looking forward to getting more active now
Welcome to the desert and the SW Gang. What will your first mod be?

Skater

Reaction score
Howdy from Goodyear, Arizona.
I know it does not rain much over in the west side of the valley, but how does your BackFlip handle the rain? Does it keep everything and your bedbrug dry, or does to leak any? Thinking of purchasing a tri-fold and in particular the BackFlip, but worried about soaking my golf clubs on the few days it does rain.

KP_98

Reaction score
Any Yumans in here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orange01z28

Reaction score
Welcome to the desert and the SW Gang. What will your first mod be?
35s and a lift. I'm thinking 3.5 ReadyLift

Are there any brackets or anything to put a high lift jack in the bed without it bouncing all around?

Users who are viewing this thread