5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound Systems

21bighorn

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how the 9speaker and subwoofer sounds? Is a noticeable upgrade from base? And how does it compare to the Harmon/kardon ? I can’t wait to hear mine someday if my truck ever gets delivered!!!!

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stock sound systems have come a long ways, my 2500 has the 6 speaker while my 1500 had the 9 speaker with sub. I imagine the change from the 4 speaker to 6 would make a bigger difference, the imaging from the speakers on the dash would certainly make a huge difference.
There is a difference but it's honestly not that noticeable, and it's mostly in the very low end where the sub would take over.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve had both but I think it’s a pretty good upgrade to the Alpine 9 speaker over the base .

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the Alpine 9 speaker system. I replaced the dash speakers with JBK Clubs. It took some power from the other speakers even though they are 3 ohm, so the EQ needed a bit of adjusting. You could do better with aftermarket speakers, sub, amp on the basic 6 speaker system if you want to do the work or pay to have it done. Some on here say the Alpine system is better than the HK one.

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
Sound is so subjective, your best bet is to put a couple of your favorite songs on a USB stick, take it to a dealer, and demo the sound systems. It is the only way to know what is going to sound best to you.

Str8Cracker

Reaction score
I went to the dealer and sat in trucks with both the HK and the Alpine. I ended up ordering with the Alpine due to what seemed like a lack of base with the HK. Both are a considerable upgrade over stock, but noting like custom aftermarket.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My truck has the Alpine and the wife's truck has the HK system. I like the Alpine system but think the HK sounds better for what I listen to. You definitely can't go wrong with either system. Haven't heard the base 6 speaker system so I can't really comment on that.

MrSixStrings12

Reaction score
I am very pleased with the Alpine system. It's a very nice upgrade over the factory system I heard, and almost settled for. It's drastically better than the Alpine system that was in my Wrangler that I traded. Bass is nicer than the Bose system that was in my Inifiniti but that system was clearer and had that "Bose sound". Havent heard the HK system but all in all, I'm happy with it and am glad I didn't settle for the truck without it

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/