5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound System Problems

Xtrexx

Reaction score
Did you ever figure out what the problem is with the drivers side speakers cutting out? I now have the same issue. Could it be the ANC module?
Did you ever get a resolution to your driver side speakers going out? All 4 of my driver side speakers in my 2019 Laramie with the Alpine system went out the other day. The driver side dash, the driver door, the rear door, and the driver side headliner all stopped working. Very frustrating and I can't seem to find a solution anywhere. Plus my truck has 38,000 miles on it, when the warranty ran out at 36,000. How convenient.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Did you ever get a resolution to your driver side speakers going out? All 4 of my driver side speakers in my 2019 Laramie with the Alpine system went out the other day. The driver side dash, the driver door, the rear door, and the driver side headliner all stopped working. Very frustrating and I can't seem to find a solution anywhere. Plus my truck has 38,000 miles on it, when the warranty ran out at 36,000. How convenient.
Tell them you couldn't bring it in at 36K because of the covid... it's probably a small issue, they might fix it for free...

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was a fluke that took me a bit to figure out. Somehow the navigation volume got turned all the way down even though I never touched. This resulted in losing the driver side sound every time the navigation would give directions. It gave the appearance that the speakers were cutting in and out intermittently. Once I figured it out it was obviously an easy fix. It was strange because I never touched the nav volume since the day I brought the truck home so it baffled me. I hope yours gets figured out and it’s something simple. Good luck.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
Bump...

I was wondering if anyone else has had the issue of loosing sound in a particular side of you Alpine system. I have upgraded Kicker speakers in the dash & headliners with CDT's in my doors and my system was rocking! Now, all of a sudden, I do not have ANY sound in my left drivers and left rear doors. Not sure what caused it, but I will be pulling all door panels this weekend and investigating.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
Well,
after some trouble shooting, I found my issues. Yes, 2 issues. First, the reason that I had no sound in my 2 left side speakers was because one of the spade connectors on each speaker must have vibrated off, great bass I guess, and thus no sound on the left side. I will be soldering the connectors to my CDT's and then plugging them into the factory connector. The second issue is that my right front connector, at the factory connector pins, must have a bad contact or fattened pin connector hole on the female side because with any movement it is cutting out. I will need to remove the female pins from the factory connector and see what I can resolve there.

Glad to see it was NOT an Amp or CDT Speaker issue. It is connector issues!

Users who are viewing this thread