5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound system observation- 9 speaker alpine

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just thought i would mention that when playing music from a memory stick compared to the satellite radio (any station doesn't matter) the memory stick music sounds a million times better. The volume is stronger and the sound quality is at least 50% better if not more.

DaMythDaLegend

Reaction score
I just thought i would mention that when playing music from a memory stick compared to the satellite radio (any station doesn't matter) the memory stick music sounds a million times better. The volume is stronger and the sound quality is at least 50% better if not more.

this should be fairly obvious and expected

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
this should be fairly obvious and expected
My feeling is it should not be obvious because the quality of the satellite signal being generally strong in open unrestricted areas should produce better quality sound. Maybe I just expect too much from Sirius

Scjon03

Reaction score
The satellite radio is not broadcast in true stereo so you don't get Surround sound either

Guessing this is new. I just traded in my 2017 Jeep SRT which the surround sound worked in all modes. At least it was able to be turned on. Also the same in my 2013 Ram 2500.

Now I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie and the surround sound option is gray out for sat radio.... wtf

Users who are viewing this thread