5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound from the front, where the change is made to P, R, N, D. RAM 1500 2019 gen 5

AnthonyR19

Reaction score
I have a sound that comes from the front when you push the brake to start (P,R,N,D) it's like a exhausting sound between the gears of the shift lever as if something was missing. This is something relatively new for me is my first RAM 1500 Bighorn gen 5 truck 2019. If anyone has had this, it's your truck, please let me know.

Point of view. I took him to my trusted mechanic and he told me that this is normal. But it's still annoying for me.

Attachments

• IMG_0054.jpeg
    IMG_0054.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 14

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm a little confused. Doing nothing else at all while the truck is off, you get a "hissing" sound when pressing the brake pedal, correct? If so, it is 100% normal.

AnthonyR19

Reaction score
I'm a little confused. Doing nothing else at all while the truck is off, you get a "hissing" sound when pressing the brake pedal, correct? If so, it is 100% normal.
The sound or squeak occurs when the truck is on (P). I explain it. The sound is produced once turned on in (P) when it is turned off the truck does not make the sound

It's only when I release the brake pedal every time I make a change to (P,R,N,D) but it comes from that part where the photo is shown

vincentw56

Reaction score
It sounds like the mechanism that allows you to take it out of park when you put your foot on the brake. The part that keeps you from being able to turn it out of park before you put your foot on the brake. It's kind of like a little stop mechanism in there. That is definitely not normal. You might just need a new Switch.

AnthonyR19

Reaction score
It sounds like the mechanism that allows you to take it out of park when you put your foot on the brake. The part that keeps you from being able to turn it out of park before you put your foot on the brake. It's kind of like a little stop mechanism in there. That is definitely not normal. You might just need a new Switch.
Thank you for your reply. This is definitely not normal. I will try to solve it with another mechanic, since this noise is definitely horrible to have to hear it every time I use my truck

Morenar

Reaction score
I had something similar on my Sierra. The hinge where the brake pedal was at needed to be greased. Is the sound coming from the footwell area or the shift knob?

vincentw56

Reaction score
I had something similar on my Sierra. The hinge where the brake pedal was at needed to be greased. Is the sound coming from the footwell area or the shift knob?
Watch the video. It's definitely the shifter knob. I posted my thoughts above.

AnthonyR19

Reaction score
Okay, that's good to know. Where is the noise coming from. I will try to fix it as soon as I can

Users who are viewing this thread