5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound Deadening/Rattles Fixed/Better Bass!

Mr.Gigglez

Reaction score
And I'm assuming I have to remove both rear seats to have full access to the sub?
No, you could just pull the cord and release them from the cab . not really a need to do that unless you wanna got into the floor

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can someone enlighten us as to the advantage of putting the deadener inside AND outside the box?
Part of my thought is that there's already too little volume in a sealed box to have an "ideal" f3 and adding the deadener is only making that worse. The flip side is the deadener is making the plastic stiffer by some amount as well which helps with response. So does it even matter?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Mr.Gigglez

Reaction score
Can someone enlighten us as to the advantage of putting the deadener inside AND outside the box?
Part of my thought is that there's already too little volume in a sealed box to have an "ideal" f3 and adding the deadener is only making that worse. The flip side is the deadener is making the plastic stiffer by some amount as well which helps with response. So does it even matter?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Flex, this little box moves alot ! its a factory piece of plastic, and difference is def night and and day ... I wouldnt do this on a custom built box for a car or truck

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I figured that was part of it...Just have to order the mat and find some time to do it I suppose.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, is it worth the effort to put sound deadener on (and in) the sub box alone? I would like to improve the sound some; but I really am not interested in lining door panels.

Mr.Gigglez

Reaction score
So, is it worth the effort to put sound deadener on (and in) the sub box alone? I would like to improve the sound some; but I really am not interested in lining door panels.

That's a personal preference on doing the doors , I wanted to follow thru with it all not just the cab wall and sub box... I couldnt say if just doing the box will give you any gains as i didnt do that alone... The doors are also night and day so i would say going overboard with the dynomat was well worth it for what all I did !

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Any info on front seat removal? Considering pulling it all for sound deadening and to find a good path for 1/0 power wire.

Thanks!

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the interior of my left rear door.

View attachment 35530
Anything to know about removing the black inner door panel (right side edge of your photo)? Mine is rattling badly with bass on the front passenger side. I know there's numerous 10mm bolts along the edge, but is there anything behind the panel that will need undone or is a pain in the ***?

I've already tried tightening everything and adding foam between the black plastic and door metal, but haven't been able to resolve the noise. Thinking I may need to remove the black panel and dynamat around the edges or install additional foam everywhere.

Reaper_6A

Reaction score
Anything to know about removing the black inner door panel (right side edge of your photo)? Mine is rattling badly with bass on the front passenger side. I know there's numerous 10mm bolts along the edge, but is there anything behind the panel that will need undone or is a pain in the ***?

I've already tried tightening everything and adding foam between the black plastic and door metal, but haven't been able to resolve the noise. Thinking I may need to remove the black panel and dynamat around the edges or install additional foam everywhere.

I posted in another forum how to remove the inner panel. Search “inner door panel” and I think it’s under “removing exterior handle”. If you can’t find it let me know.

It’s not that hard, there are just 2 screws on the inside that I took off to remove it.

Users who are viewing this thread