5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorry, MD is not the South

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! I grew up there also, and just moved back last year. For as much is a hated it for being rural(ish) back then, I love it now for the same reasons. It pretty much is like a little pocket of people who think they are in the South though.
I was born and raised in southern maryland. People there definitely believe they are from the south. Same if not worse for those from Tennessee.

I’ve lived almost as far south as you can get in the cont U.S. for the past 30 years and it’s more like the north. I think Georgia and Alabama are considered the deep south. They forget there’s another 400 miles of country south of them.
I lived in St. Mary's county for over a decade.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I always laughed when I grew up on the nc/sc border, and came to college in Pa. My classmates from MD thought they were real southerners lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDram

Reaction score
not to add fuel to the fire, BUT,.....Delaware isn't part of the south either.......just say'n

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Once you pass smileys fuel city and bbq on 81 that’s when you know you’re in the south!

mophead

Reaction score
not to add fuel to the fire, BUT,.....Delaware isn't part of the south either.......just say'n
Dela-where is north of the Mason-Dixon. However it is in its' own zone.

Last edited:

mophead

Reaction score
I always laughed when I grew up on the nc/sc border, and came to college in Pa. My classmates from MD thought they were real southerners lol.

There's definitely plenty of delusional northerners in Maryland, no argument there. As mentioned earlier, plenty of them in North Carolina too.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I never felt I was a southern living in MD and still live in Southern MD. But being in southern MD I felt like a MD southerner. Lol

But other forums I was on. They always called us north eastern

KJC12

Reaction score
So if you live near Pittsburgh Pa anything south of the Burgh yinz would be south and dont walk off the path because the jaggers (thorn bushes) will stick ya. So relax and have a pop (soda).
True story, 30 years agoi was in the swiss apls on a incline, and i heard a man use yinz in a sentence. I walked over to him and said holy **** are you from the burgh? He was, i felt like a huge hick, then I thought big deal im in swiss apls! 🤣 look at me now buying a ram like a big shot!
I would have done the same thing! Asked him where bouts dahntahn he was from. He'd probably have looked at me cross-eyed when I told him I was from mars lol

Users who are viewing this thread