5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorry, another Multi function tailgate question !

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
I have not had this truck long, so im not completely used to it yet, but have developed a love/hate relationship with this MFT.
Does the larger drivers side door have a safety dual catch like the entry doors have, or is it just a single ?
I suspect the latter, so the solenoid can pop it open, but want to make sure.
I ask because mine is often hard to close and i just dont feel i should have to slam it like i am. Ive looked at pictures of misaligned doors, and read the discussions pertaining to this - my issue is not that.
It has failed to close completely a couple of times, even though it looked like it had, and has given me the "tailgate open" alarm when i get in the seat. Ive had to jump out and slam the thing again.
Im thinking about loosening the latch pin so the latch hook can get around it easier. Thats my thought process anyway.

PatriotLonghorn

Reaction score
It's a single latch/catch. I haven't had any issues with mine closing, so it sounds like yours is misaligned.

themust

Reaction score
I've had that happen with mine a few times, as has anyone else whose tried to use it. I just use a firm palm to the upper corner to assure a good close. It took me some getting used to the sense that it is somehow flimsy, especially compared to my old non-MFT tailgate. However, when folded town traditionally, it feels plenty robust and somewhere else here there is a thread attesting to its huge weight limit.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
I've had that happen with mine a few times, as has anyone else whose tried to use it. I just use a firm palm to the upper corner to assure a good close. It took me some getting used to the sense that it is somehow flimsy, especially compared to my old non-MFT tailgate. However, when folded town traditionally, it feels plenty robust and somewhere else here there is a thread attesting to its huge weight limit.
Is your passenger side cable stretched taut and the other one very loose when the tailgate is dropped traditionally ?
They measure the same length. When weight is placed on the tailgate, the loose one eventually gets to do something :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/