5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soon...very soon.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forums and Congrats on being "This Close" to the BTS

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Great!
I hope that you have been following the 600 something page "Price Negotiated" thread for hints/tricks to get a good deal and where to purchase from.

834k3r

Reaction score
Great!
I hope that you have been following the 600 something page "Price Negotiated" thread for hints/tricks to get a good deal and where to purchase from.
I didn't see that thread, but got a pretty good deal by contacting multiple dealers via email, letting them know I was contacting several dealers simultaneously, and asking for their best OTD price. I could've gotten a better deal from a different deal, but the one local to me wasn't far off--and I'd rather have a good relationship with my local dealer. :cool:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
That works. It's a hot topic on this forum, there's the "save every dollar" crowd and a few of us who are willing to shop more locally, even if we "overpay".

I started off looking at a big volume forum sponsor but balked at the 24 hr round trip drive and other costs associated with the trip, all to save 3-4$K.

I ended up probably "overpaying" by 2K but so what, it's long "water under the bridge" now.

Enjoy your truck!

834k3r

Reaction score
I'm thisclose to getting a 2021 Built To Serve (4x4, V8 no eTorque).

Looking forward to it!
Well, the BTS versions my dealership was hoping to transfer for me kept getting sold before the transfer could happen. So instead, I'm now the owner of a '21 1500 Laramie, 4x4, V-8 with eTorque.

I pick it up tonight--super excited!

edit: grammar correction

834k3r

Reaction score
That works. It's a hot topic on this forum, there's the "save every dollar" crowd and a few of us who are willing to shop more locally, even if we "overpay".

I started off looking at a big volume forum sponsor but balked at the 24 hr round trip drive and other costs associated with the trip, all to save 3-4$K.

I ended up probably "overpaying" by 2K but so what, it's long "water under the bridge" now.

Enjoy your truck!
Thanks!

I feel pretty successful in the end paying about $6K below MSRP with hardly any effort or frustration. Even the dealership finance guy took my "no" answers pretty easily.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Yeah. Early last year some peep "critiqued" me for paying what I did and thought I worked for the dealer, ha ha. (Nah, I'm just a multi-billionaire who likes to spread the $ around some.)
I did just get the $2,800 in "monopoly money" today from DC. Too bad I can't use it to buy another RAM truck and get rid of this Ford I'm driving, it ruins the reputation.
For a new truck I think I'd get the 6.4 bed, 33 gallon tank, MFT, Level 1 advanced safety group and try to delete the 22's. And because I'm a cheap bistird I'd keep the 3.21's for the good economy. (I'm one of the few happy with it.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/