5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soon to be Back Country owner in Ohio

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
Just learned that the side steps were dropped from the Back Country package sometime in early January. We received 4 trucks this week and 2 of them had no steps. They were ordered in early January others were ordered in December. Couple of disappointed customers.
Wait, what??? I ordered mine on 1/25 and the BC package stated it included side steps. How can they remove it from the package and not advise customers prior?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wait, what??? I ordered mine on 1/25 and the BC package stated it included side steps. How can they remove it from the package and not advise customers prior?
The dealer needs to check it. Everyone assumed it was part of the package. One truck ordered on 12/31 had steps, on ordered on 1/10 did not have steps. The build sheet from the day he ordered it didn't list side steps. Do you have your build sheet? If not the dealer can check that for you.

I just confirmed with sales, they dropped side steps from quad cab models. The crew cab models still get the steps. Sorry if I caused any concerns.

Last edited:

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
The dealer needs to check it. Everyone assumed it was part of the package. One truck ordered on 12/31 had steps, on ordered on 1/10 did not have steps. The build sheet from the day he ordered it didn't list side steps. Do you have your build sheet? If not the dealer can check that for you.

I just confirmed with sales, they dropped side steps from quad cab models. The crew cab models still get the steps. Sorry if I caused any concerns.
Whew, mine is a crew cab.

Grimgreg

Reaction score
After an afternoon/evening getting to know the truck, 2 things stick out that I never saw mentioned in all the YouTube vids I watched and threads I have read in here. There is not an option to make the mirrors fold when you lock the doors, you have to hit the fold button when you get out. Also, the fog light will come on in the direction you steer, or when you turn the turn signal on.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
After an afternoon/evening getting to know the truck, 2 things stick out that I never saw mentioned in all the YouTube vids I watched and threads I have read in here. There is not an option to make the mirrors fold when you lock the doors, you have to hit the fold button when you get out. Also, the fog light will come on in the direction you steer, or when you turn the turn signal on.
Both are mentioned quite a bit on these forums, but they’re good observations nonetheless.

Grimgreg

Reaction score
I saw that the LEDs on the Limited will move when you turn, didn't know it would do anything with the base halogens.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The fogs as turning lights is a nice easter egg, though my fogs are almost always on so I don't really get to experience that.

TazerDT can enable you to have the auto-fold mirrors (it is what I use), I think there's another programmer or two out there that will also.

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
I was under the impression that due to the chip shortage, Big Horns are not coming with power folding mirrors.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was under the impression that due to the chip shortage, Big Horns are not coming with power folding mirrors.
They are coming with power fold mirrors. We have noticed none are coming with foam cup holders in the door. That's not a chip issue

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
They are coming with power fold mirrors. We have noticed none are coming with foam cup holders in the door. That's not a chip issue
I will gladly trade foam cup holders for power folding mirrors (I am not even sure what foam cup holders are).

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
Grimgreg, does your power folding mirrors have Blind Spot Monitoring on them?

Grimgreg

Reaction score
Grimgreg, does your power folding mirrors have Blind Spot Monitoring on them?
No, I hate that tech. Had it in a rental once and was more of a distraction than an assistance, just annoying. Thank you Ram for making that an option.

Users who are viewing this thread