5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soon to be 5th gen owner!

Roybenn79

Reaction score
Hi all! With all the talk of chip shortage I couldn't help but check out and see what the dealer was willing to give me for my 4th gen Ram. They gave me more than I expected so I started the process to get new. They didn't have anything on the lot that I was interested in. They did however have one "in transit" on their website. I let them know that I was interested in that truck. After several messages saying it "was available" it "wasn't available" it finally was determined that in in fact was not available. Then they gave me the option to build a new '21 and they would honor my deal. Reluctantly started that process as I was aware of the chip shortage and potential of severely long wait times. After I selected the model and all the features I wanted(same as original truck I wanted) I was waiting for the email so that I could sign the order and send it back. I messaged the dealer and low and behold.....bad news. I was told that '21 builds were no longer being accepted. I could build a '22 but they could not honor the deal as there was no pricing available for the '22 models yet. I was unwilling to do that for multiple reasons. However they did have a solution. They offered me a truck that they had ordered for stock that had yet to be built. They sent me over the order sheet with sales codes for me to review. It wasn't everything I wanted but it was close. It was also 2k more that the original truck I wanted. I expressed my concern for the additional cost and they said they would honor the original deal and keep my end of the bargain the same. I cant say if I'm getting screwed or not but everything fits within my budget. That's enough to make me happy. So anyways my window sticker became available Friday night(6/4) so hopefully soon it will be in my driveway!

Users who are viewing this thread