5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soon to be 2020 Ecodiesel owner from Mass

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can't be sure 100% but I believe when I "built" mine in Sept/Oct 2018 it was not so clear on the Ram build and it was from the forum I learned to avoid the tow package because of the mirrors. Living in the NY/NJ metro area there are plenty of Ram dealerships and sales people. I was in a total of 9 dealerships as I continually advanced to ordering. I can't recall any "sales person" that impressed me and most I did not want to deal with their BS. In the process a few where here today gone tomorrow. It was the "sales manger" who got to the bottom line, made the offer and let me "sleep on it" to seal the deal. He had been in the business for I believe 20+ years and did the ordering for the dealership.

To complicate matters sales brochures were not available in any dealership and the e brochure is 40 packages long and requires scrolling up/down and left/right to figure the available packages and differences from trim levels. I actually requested a brochure from Ram via USPS and received an abbreviated version. However that request led to an additional $500 coupon.

Love the truck, got what I wanted through a lot of work on my own. Sales process leaves a lot to be desired.
Yes, the typical sales experience leaves a lot to be desired. I was lucky enough to have a friend introduce me to the fleet manager, a guy in his late 40s who had worked there since he turned 18, and had been selling only trucks for the past several years. Not the typical sales person, thankfully.
Ram's Build & Price website leaves a huge amount to be desired, it's only when you sit down in front of the dealer's build & order screen that you get the straight poop.
Same for me, it was 5thgenrams forums that alerted me to the issues with the trailer tow mirrors. But once I got wind of that, I began noticing that Ram made the tradeoffs clear. I think the biggest problem is uncareful/uncaring sales people.

Users who are viewing this thread