5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sometimes the truck starts "just not quite right" - strange exhaust growl + CarPlay misbehaves - gone after restart

arteeby

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Hemi 4x2 with only under 50k miles on it. I bought it as a daily and some regular towing.
So far (it's been a couple of months) the truck feels great. Good mpgs, plenty of power, feels confident with the trailer and overall is a joy to drive.
However there's an apparent issue going on that I have no idea how to describe properly.
Please bear with me here.
Sometimes when I start the truck it just doesn't sound quite right - there's some obnoxious low growl when I press the accelerator.
Basically sounds like there's a crappy aftermarket exhaust installed. Which there is not.
Also in this condition there seems to be a glitch in the apple carplay - the navigation speaks very quietly and from the rear row speakers (as opposed to driver side speaker under normal circumstances). It's basically impossible to hear.
Other than that the truck drives as usual. If I pull over kill the engine and restart it right away - the issue is gone.
What is going on?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I recently purchased a used 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Hemi 4x2 with only under 50k miles on it. I bought it as a daily and some regular towing.
So far (it's been a couple of months) the truck feels great. Good mpgs, plenty of power, feels confident with the trailer and overall is a joy to drive.
However there's an apparent issue going on that I have no idea how to describe properly.
Please bear with me here.
Sometimes when I start the truck it just doesn't sound quite right - there's some obnoxious low growl when I press the accelerator.
Basically sounds like there's a crappy aftermarket exhaust installed. Which there is not.
Also in this condition there seems to be a glitch in the apple carplay - the navigation speaks very quietly and from the rear row speakers (as opposed to driver side speaker under normal circumstances). It's basically impossible to hear.
Other than that the truck drives as usual. If I pull over kill the engine and restart it right away - the issue is gone.
What is going on?
please tell us a little more about your truck
engine
4X4
model

arteeby

Reaction score
For sure!
5.7 liter HEMI V8, 3.21 rear diff
Rear Wheel Drive
2019 Ram 1500 BigHorn CrewCab, short bed
I guess there's a trailer towing package (7 and 4 way connector, 2 inch hitch receiver, brake controller in the cab).

It's my first ever truck but a second Mopar (had a 2011 Jeep Liberty a while ago it was a nice ride no issues whatsoever).

Users who are viewing this thread