5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something Wrong with Sister Site?

Will_T

Reaction score
The site has been broken for me.

I did not see anything else posted here about this, but maybe I missed it in my search results? For a couple of days now, I am not able to get on the HDRam site regardless of the browser I try. Plus, it also will not work on my phone. Below is the error message:

hdrams.com uses encryption to protect your information. When Microsoft Edge tried to connect to hdrams.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be hdrams.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Microsoft Edge stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You can't visit hdrams.com right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

Last edited:

MtnEars

Reaction score
Yea, seeing the same thing. Hard down, can’t get to it via the App or web browser. Came here to see if there was some news….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will_T

Reaction score
I am surprised there is not a prominent post here explaining. Like I said, maybe I just can't find it, but I did several searches and the only thing that turns up is this thread.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Jared B - any information on this?

Will_T

Reaction score
@Brutal_HO would likely know, but if the site really is offline, he may be too busy to post here.

Casey B

Reaction score
Totally offline since yesterday. Someone there must have noticed. Something to do with a security certificate expired on the 7th

ClawSS

Reaction score
There was a site notification that "Something Big was coming.", so it could be a site upgrade.....maybe.

and yes this was my 1st post

Metternacht

Reaction score
I suspect the server Migration or upgrade isn't going as smoothly as they would have liked.

MtnEars

Reaction score
A hole in my life. First the ram Facebook group I followed disappeared and now this. Conspiracy!

Hopefully it is sorted as the HD forum in this site is locked down.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's been an ongoing issue with expired certs. Apparently a cloudflare problem.

We were all aware and they were working on it. It's back up as of around 0730 MST this morning.

If you are having withdrawls and really must use the site with an expired cert, you should grab a copy of an older Firefox ESR Portable edition from the Portable Apps site.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A hole in my life. First the ram Facebook group I followed disappeared and now this. Conspiracy!

Hopefully it is sorted as the HD forum in this site is locked down.

That's going to change...

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
HDrams still has an expired cert. Looks like someone applied the incorrect cert as it expired January 25th 2022 which means this problem would of been happening for a whole year
Only 5thgenrams.com has a cert from Cloudflare, the cert on hdrams.com is from digicert and needs to be updated and fixed on whoever does the webstite hosting, which is generally not cloudflare which usually gets used for dns (but it's possible)

Looks like hdram.com might actually be hosted with Ionos.

Generally you are responsible for applying your own cert even when hosting it on someone else's servers like Godaddy etc.

You can just bypass it when it gives you the error\warning.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since @WXman is upset they have not updated the RAM HeftyDuty, they figured they better stop the upgrades to the site🐏🦥⚒️⚠️:p

If Ram updated their HD trucks they would sell a lot more and HDRams.com would get a lot more traffic too. Would be beneficial for everyone involved. ;)

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If Ram updated their HD trucks they would sell a lot more and HDRams.com would get a lot more traffic too. Would be beneficial for everyone involved. ;)
Most RAM enthusiasts still hang out at Ramchargercentral.com and still despise the 2nd Gen years...😁

The worst thing that happened to RAM is when they tried to get more sales. You can see it where I work...I went from being the only guy driving those stupid Dodges to all kinds of them in the parking lot.

I am just joking around, before anyone gets their panties in a bunch.

I lurk at most RAM/Mopar sites...I have seen like 5 guys in the past years complaining...and maybe a few more at Allpar that ***** about everything.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For chrome users, (not sure about others) you could not bypass the previously expired cert error without some gyrations in chrome. Currently expired cert issued by digicert is expired, but functional.

@Brutal_HO would likely know, but if the site really is offline, he may be too busy to post here.

Again, I don't have anything to do with the inner workings of the site(s). In the immortal words of Gwen Stefani, I'm just a girl (just a mod) thanks to DD. I do reach out to Jared when I see that it's offline.

TBH, I work on big compute/storage sh*t and don't F around with this little web stuff. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread