5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOMETHING BIG IS COMING...

Status
Not open for further replies.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Would love to see (think old Excursion) a Grand Wagoneer XL based on a 2500 or 3500 Chassis powered by the Cummins 6.7! Not all hero's need a bed, some just need a strong tow!
That's why I got my current Durango, after totaling my last Ram. It's the only vehicle that has a high enough towing capacity, other than a pickup, which I couldn't afford at the time. It's a great vehicle, but just not as comfortable as a Ram. I have one more week until the new one arrives.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
Would love to see (think old Excursion) a Grand Wagoneer XL based on a 2500 or 3500 Chassis powered by the Cummins 6.7! Not all hero's need a bed, some just need a strong tow!
It looks like the Wagoneer L has a wheelbase of 130” to the shortest HD wheelbase of 140”.
So a 10” frame chop and a body swap. Sounds like a YouTube channel match made in heaven.

Who do we contact to double-dog-dare?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The platform definitely matters, the frame and suspension only allow so much. But in the case of the Durango, the brakes make the difference, not the engine. Both engines tow the same with upgraded brakes.
Suspension plays a part too in the tow rating bump. The upgraded shocks it’s RAWR gets a slight increase to 3,940 lbs

Either way, they both get the same 1,200 lbs payload capacity

6of36

Reaction score
Suspension plays a part too in the tow rating bump. The upgraded shocks it’s RAWR gets a slight increase to 3,940 lbs

Either way, they both get the same 1,200 lbs payload capacity
The shocks are the same with the standard tow package, and the tow and go. That's why had to get one with tow package. Salesmen were trying to sell me standard, saying just add a hitch. In the case of the Durango, it is only the brakes that increase towing capacity.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The shocks are the same with the standard tow package, and the tow and go. That's why had to get one with tow package. Salesmen were trying to sell me standard, saying just add a hitch. In the case of the Durango, it is only the brakes that increase towing capacity.

That’s incorrect, they are different.

The standard tow package come with ZF load-leveling shocks and a 3,900 lbs rear GAWR.

The SRT and Tow-N-Go towing package come with Bilstein active damping shocks and 3,940 lbs rear GAWR

It’s worth noting that the SRT’s 3.70 axles don’t even make a difference over the standard 3.09 for tow rating

6of36

Reaction score
That’s incorrect, they are different.

The standard tow package come with ZF load-leveling shocks and a 3,900 lbs rear GAWR.

The SRT and Tow-N-Go towing package come with Bilstein active damping shocks and 3,940 lbs rear GAWR

It’s worth noting that the SRT’s 3.70 axles don’t even make a difference over the standard 3.09 for tow rating
I never saw anything about the shock on tow and go, but my AWD R/T with tow has a 3.70. That is why my Ram got better mileage.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Prime example here of how a thread can get off the rails.

Nobody ever looks at the 1st post or even the 1st page when they start replying to a thread that shows up on what's new/new posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread