5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Somebody please tell me there is a setting adjustment for this annoying issue I'm dealing with night after night after night!!!!!

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im in and out of my Ram all the time especially at night when I rely on the interior cab lights with a door ajar to fish through my drill/tool bags and the GOD DARN cabin lights turn off automatically after 90sec then I have to reopen/close a door to get them back on. I mean there has to be a way to adjust this somewhere of which I've overlooked. Right?!?!?! My F-150 king ranch's interior lights would stay on for like 15min. Can somebody please "shed some light" on the issue at hand here and provide me with a solution please?

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
I believe the control is I the stereo settings.
Maybe in the safety/security section. Delay setting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jcalton

Reaction score
According to the manual the lights should stay on for 10 minutes if a door is ajar or the dimmer is rotated all the way up to the on position.

No way that I am seeing to adjust that. But it definitely should be more than 90 seconds.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

R

Rob5589

Is there some reason you can't push the button to turn on the lights? Mine is in the roof console, yours may be different.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there some reason you can't push the button to turn on the lights? Mine is in the roof console, yours may be different.

Here 's an example of what i'm talking about specifically... Earlier this evening I went out to my truck to sort through my work gear to prepare myself for today. I unlock my truck from my key fob and open my rear passenger door and start collecting what needs to come out and within 90 secs the interior lights turn off as i'm knee deep in the center of my truck, still collecting things and it's dark as dark can get. To push the button up at the sun roof means I have to open my front door climb up to push it then make my way to the back seat to get to my things.. NO offense but to me that's more of a hassle than it is a feature.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe the control is I the stereo settings.
Maybe in the safety/security section. Delay setting.

I searched all settings/apps on my screen and all i found was an adjustment setting for headlights delay.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to the manual the lights should stay on for 10 minutes if a door is ajar or the dimmer is rotated all the way up to the on position.

No way that I am seeing to adjust that. But it definitely should be more than 90 seconds.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Can you tell me what page of the manual that's on??

Xhumeka

Reaction score
Can you tell me what page of the manual that's on??

I think this is the page he's referring to:

b4tw9cM.png

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
I searched all settings/apps on my screen and all i found was an adjustment setting for headlights delay.
Sorry...trying to remember the settings...thought it was there.

I would try opening the front door before climbing in the back...maybe a front vs rear door issue.

Jcalton

Reaction score
Yes that was the page I was referring to. Maybe the illuminated entry feature is overriding the door ajar timer and that's why its shutting off so much quicker than it should.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
I believe I had the same problem as you and discovered that I had one of those dimmer wheels next to the headlight switch turned all the way up to where it turned off the mood lighting at night. Once I turned that down I had my mood lighting at night and the interior lights would stay on for as long as I had the door open or ten minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread