5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some speakers cutting out randomly

Bluelinebuild

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has experienced their speakers(I believe its the left side) audio cutting out randomly when their phone is connected to Android auto. It seems to happen more when the phone is first connected but it has happened a few times randomly also. Not sure what the solution would be to this. It is annoying but I can live with it for now.

2019 Ram bighorn 8.4nav

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Navigation will do that. I was having an issue with my non-nav 8.4 the other day in Android Auto using navigation...it would reduce the volume for the map to talk, then not come back.

I activated the voice commands, then cancelled...it was good until the next time she tried to talk.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bluelinebuild

Reaction score
Navigation will do that. I was having an issue with my non-nav 8.4 the other day in Android Auto using navigation...it would reduce the volume for the map to talk, then not come back.

I activated the voice commands, then cancelled...it was good until the next time she tried to talk.

Good to know, I have the issue when just music is playing and the phone is plugged in. The audio from the music will cut out on one side. No incoming messages or Nav going when it occurs. It eventually rights itself.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Bad cable?

moonfire

Reaction score
I think it's worth trying with another cable and or phone. If it's still happening, maybe you could get the dealer to flash your radio to the current version they have available, which may or may not solve your issue. Here's a link to a TSB that might help. They are up to REV C, but it hasn't changed much since this one. http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0800319b.pdf

Runnscore

Reaction score
I have been having a similar issue. I have the 8.4 non-nav, and after about an hour the left side speakers would start fading in and out. The truck is currently at the dealer now, and from my understanding they plan to replace the radio.

Ken2021Etorque

Reaction score
I have same issue when i get a notification sound wont come back, this is version on my radio, truck already at 2600 miles and no update promps
207fecd6e1ec2b9fe2dccbb523bfac7e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread