5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some dumb ***** decided it would be a great idea to change lanes without looking

GWillings

Reaction score
So late this afternoon (4:40 pm PST) I was on my way to CVS to pick up a prescription my doctor put in for me. On my way some dumb *** ***** decided it is a great idea to change lanes without looking. I wanted to punch her in the middle of her face for being an imbecile. Now my passenger front tire is rubbing on my freaking bumper and the tires are not even a freaking week old. Busted my fender flare, good luck to me in hopes RC sends just the passenger front, and then the little piece of plastic between the light and the bumper needs to be sorted out and repainted. Not in a very pleasant mood. She was driving a red Jeep Grand Cherokee. Good thing I lifter my truck.

Attachments

• POS Cherokee.JPG
    POS Cherokee.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 277
  • damn it.JPG
    damn it.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 278
U

User_3336

S**T happens. That's why we have insurance. You risk something like this everytime you leave the driveway.
Glad no one was seriously hurt. you're pissed, but it will get fixed.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Things like this is why I have dash cams in all my vehicles. Luckily I have never needed to use the video
I mean sometimes you can repair the damage, and other times the car\truck is just never the same.

This does look like very minor fixable damage.
Insurance might just give you replacement parts vs getting it all pained, new bumper, etc.
Her on the other hand? Looks like her dumb a$$ got tboned.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where I'm at the best way to get back to that dumb lady is to go to chiropractor, get a lawyer, and let the lawyer take care of this mess.
Any medical and repair will be from the lady's insurance and her insurance will go up.
And if in the unfortunate scenario you need treatments or anything, let your lawyer know and they'll go after it.

but at the end of day, lawyer takes about 1/3, medical takes 1/3, and you take 1/3.

i am definitely not telling you what to do but that's how i'd get back at her.

GWillings

Reaction score
I mean sometimes you can repair the damage, and other times the car\truck is just never the same.

This does look like very minor fixable damage.
Insurance might just give you replacement parts vs getting it all pained, new bumper, etc.
Her on the other hand? Looks like her dumb a$$ got tboned.
I will not accept a chrome bumper, my OEM bumper is painted to color match. Anything less is unacceptable. Will admit, she took MUCH more damage than I. Sucks that the fender flares only come in a full set, $250 from RC.

GWillings

Reaction score
Where I'm at the best way to get back to that dumb lady is to go to chiropractor, get a lawyer, and let the lawyer take care of this mess.
Any medical and repair will be from the lady's insurance and her insurance will go up.
And if in the unfortunate scenario you need treatments or anything, let your lawyer know and they'll go after it.

but at the end of day, lawyer takes about 1/3, medical takes 1/3, and you take 1/3.

i am definitely not telling you what to do but that's how i'd get back at her.
No one had any injuries from the incident, I was dealing with my lumbar thinking it does not needs discs in between the vertebrae, and arthritis with the disc bulging and rubbing against the nerve. Was using a cane at the time and was on my way to pick up muscle relaxers from the pharmacy. lol

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I will not accept a chrome bumper, my OEM bumper is painted to color match. Anything less is unacceptable. Will admit, she took MUCH more damage than I. Sucks that the fender flares only come in a full set, $250 from RC.
You misunderstand what I said.
I never said anything about a Chrome bumper, you don't have that.

Insurance might just give you a new painted bumper from the factory vs paying to get it repaired and then painted.
The fender flares can likely be ordered separably, but if they can't insurance will give the payment for a pair.

Did they hit you, or did you hit them? If they hit you then there shouldn't be anything to worry about. insurance will appraise the damage, give a list of parts, and you can take it to a shop to order it and get it all installed, or sometimes if insurance allows do a self repair and pocket the install money instead of paying the shop.

Is this your first accident going through insurance?

GWillings

Reaction score
You misunderstand what I said.
I never said anything about a Chrome bumper, you don't have that.

Insurance might just give you a new painted bumper from the factory vs paying to get it repaired and then painted.
The fender flares can likely be ordered separably, but if they can't insurance will give the payment for a pair.

Did they hit you, or did you hit them? If they hit you then there shouldn't be anything to worry about. insurance will appraise the damage, give a list of parts, and you can take it to a shop to order it and get it all installed, or sometimes if insurance allows do a self repair and pocket the install money instead of paying the shop.

Is this your first accident going through insurance?
Yeah the bumper thing was a misunderstanding and thanks for clarifying that. I already talked to RC, they told me no straight up.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
No one had any injuries from the incident, I was dealing with my lumbar thinking it does not needs discs in between the vertebrae, and arthritis with the disc bulging and rubbing against the nerve. Was using a cane at the time and was on my way to pick up muscle relaxers from the pharmacy. lol
At first I thought your post was a little overboard, but reading this I understand your frustration. Just tying to pick up your prescription and then this happens, the last thing you needed. Accidents will happen. Glad no one was injured and hope you can get your truck fixed soon!

By the way, I witnessed a similar accident today. Lady decided to turn in to a business from two lanes over and took out the car next to her. Both went over the curb after the initial crunch. As I drove by I could see the lady was terrified. Dumb driving? Absolutely. Temporary lapse of judgement? You bet. She was just a lady who made a mistake. Accidents happen.

Neil McCauley

Reaction score
We could use a good "people who suck at driving" thread. My favorite are people who can't judge distances and relative speeds between vehicles, and try passing on the right multiple times only to fail because they can't see that the gap is obviously going to close before they can sneak by. Sometimes people are just strange about driving. I'll be on a single lane country road going 70. I don't like people behind me so I either just go faster until they're gone from my rearview or I pull over to let them by. Sometimes they'll stick right behind me, up to speeds I'd never admit to. Doubt they would ever go that fast if the road was empty. Just bizarre.

Users who are viewing this thread