5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOLVED! Unable to Calibrate FCW/ACC After Adding 6" Suspension Lift on 37's...

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Truck looks great! Glad you got the issue sorted. I think when it's time to replace my Bilsteins (5100/5160's) on my RL 3.5", I'm either gonna go BDS 4" w/ Coilovers or just swap to Fox 3" Coilovers w/ a .5" tophat spacer, and Fox Resi Rears w/ 2" Springs.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just got a call from my service manager: my truck is fixed, too! The key, as @jwiley386 also discovered, is putting on stock wheels and tires. Hopefully Ram will recommend this to dealers, but if anyone else encounters this problem, and you have a lift and larger tires, suggest to them they swap out stock tires. If you've kept your stock wheels/tires (I did not), you may want to bring them with you when you take it in for service. Part of the delay in my case was the dealer getting some stocks to put on my truck.

I can't wait to get my truck back. Hopefully, I still remember how to drive.

Adrian052

Reaction score
Is there a way I can program to 1099mm without a dealer? Doesn’t seem like they will do it.

Anyway as in any way, not an answer such as, only a dealer can etc.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a way I can program to 1099mm without a dealer? Doesn’t seem like they will do it.

Anyway as in any way, not an answer such as, only a dealer can etc.
TazerDT, Pulsar, alfaObd, Jscan

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you know what it is called in alfa? Steering:suspension ecu configuration A : B ?
It's under the body control power net. Then there is actually an option for changing tire size without needing to go into configuration change menu

Adrian052

Reaction score
It's under the body control power net. Then there is actually an option for changing tire size without needing to go into configuration change menu
I see the confusion. I’m talking in regards to the adaptive cruise control parameters. I know how to change the tire size, but not the “vehicle height”

Boatman22

Reaction score
Is there a way to change tire size on a 2023, 2500 with Alfa with out a bypass cable

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a way to change tire size on a 2023, 2500 with Alfa with out a bypass cable
The HD forums are the place to ask, but I believe the answer is no: you need the bypass cable.

Fortunately, if the HDs are anything like the 1500s, the cables aren’t expensive, about $17.

In fact, from the Amazon descriptions, it sounds like the HD Rams use the same cable. (Trust but verify)

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The HD forums are the place to ask, but I believe the answer is no: you need the bypass cable.

Fortunately, if the HDs are anything like the 1500s, the cables aren’t expensive, about $17.

In fact, from the Amazon descriptions, it sounds like the HD Rams use the same cable. (Trust but verify)

Any changes require a SGM bypass.

We do NOT use the same 12+8 cable or dongle/brick.

The SGM on the HD's is up behind the EVIC (cluster). We use a simple cable that plugs into the CANBUS blocks behind the headlight switch bezel.

1709513000201.png

If he's OOS, Jimmy07 can build you one.

Boatman22

Reaction score
Thanks for in info. This will be for a friend that has a 2023 2500. I'll get with Jimmy to make a harness

Adrian052

Reaction score
How long did it take you to calibrate? I’ve tried to calibrate 3 times at about 2 hours each and it hasn’t calibrated so far at 1099 with stock tires. I’m using a launch system that has ADAS built in.

Truckone176

Reaction score
Is this something that is a common issue for lifted trucks with taller tires? Does this only affect air ride trucks?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread