5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solution to the water bottle storage issue

Trevor_The_Engineer

Reaction score
Edit : I just realized this is my first post here so hello!

I saw a thread a few months back about hacks to store a water bottle in the center console. I couldn't take the sound of a 36 oz stainless steel water bottle smashing the inside of my center console every time I turned a corner anymore so I came up with this. There's enough things in Florida trying to destroy my truck.

20240331_164455.jpg

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome, I been needing something like this and gave up on finding anything premade I gave up, I just deal with it moving around in the council or on the floorboard so annoying

detroitm2

Reaction score
That looks pretty nice. @SKT Customs also makes an insert for the center console that has "jumbo dual cupholders" you may want to checkout

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What happened to the days of driving without a drink? I'm guilty of doing the same, but I remember driving long distances and getting a drink when stopping for gas. When did we become so dependent on always having a drink with us? Again, I'm asking about myself also, as I seem to always have a drink of some sort when driving.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably when drinks where $.15 at the gas station 😂 now they’re $15 so I rather not overpay for a drink when I could just grab one out of my cooler for a fraction of the cost. When you have a long drive to make I much rather minimize the need to stop unnecessarily.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

I saw a thread a few months back about hacks to store a water bottle in the center console. I couldn't take the sound of a 36 oz stainless steel water bottle smashing the inside of my center console every time I turned a corner anymore so I came up with this. There's enough things in Florida trying to destroy my truck.

View attachment 180917
welcome.
did you make this?
where to get them?

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably when drinks where $.15 at the gas station 😂 now they’re $15 so I rather not overpay for a drink when I could just grab one out of my cooler for a fraction of the cost. When you have a long drive to make I much rather minimize the need to stop unnecessarily.
That's probably it! When going to dinner with the family, I always grab a water so I don't get tempted to pay $3.79 for a single soda. "I'm good, I have a water, thanks" is what I tell the server. And, anybody living or traveling near central Florida knows how bad tap water tastes, so you need to take one with you rather just ask for water at the restaurant.

Trevor_The_Engineer

Reaction score
That looks pretty nice. @SKT Customs also makes an insert for the center console that has "jumbo dual cupholders" you may want to checkout

I dig that but that's where I keep my phone. I have a privacy screen protector so the viewing angle from the factory phone "fingers" doesn't work for me.

What happened to the days of driving without a drink? I'm guilty of doing the same, but I remember driving long distances and getting a drink when stopping for gas. When did we become so dependent on always having a drink with us? Again, I'm asking about myself also, as I seem to always have a drink of some sort when driving.

Florida happened. Where everything is trying to kill you, all the time, and your survival depends on it. :ROFLMAO: The sun, humidity, hurricanes, ants, gators, etc. Drive across Alligator Alley without at least a half gallon of water with you and tell me you feel safe.

welcome.
did you make this?
where to get them?

I did. But I think I need permission to post that. Mods?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I dig that but that's where I keep my phone. I have a privacy screen protector so the viewing angle from the factory phone "fingers" doesn't work for me.

Florida happened. Where everything is trying to kill you, all the time, and your survival depends on it. :ROFLMAO: The sun, humidity, hurricanes, ants, gators, etc. Drive across Alligator Alley without at least a half gallon of water with you and tell me you feel safe.

I did. But I think I need permission to post that. Mods?
Permission to post what?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can understand being something to drink, what I don't get is the obsession with oversized water bottles. Just buy one that fits.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn’t call a 32oz water bottle oversized. Go work in the heat when a cooler isn’t right beside you or go workout. Now if it was a gallon jug I could understand.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn’t call a 32oz water bottle oversized. Go work in the heat when a cooler isn’t right beside you or go workout. Now if it was a gallon jug I could understand.
I buy he case of water from Sam's Club and don't need it on ice. If it's hot outside I actually prefer warm water. Not hot water, but ambient temp.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry I forgot if HSKR deems something unnecessary for his own needs then it must be useless.

That’s the thing with options.. nobody forcing you to change your bottle habits. Okay you don’t have a use for something like this carry on maybe someone refilling said bottle at home or gym for example or holding something else in it that isn’t water.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry I forgot if HSKR deems something unnecessary for his own needs then it must be useless.

That’s the thing with options.. nobody forcing you to change your bottle habits. Okay you don’t have a use for something like this carry on maybe someone refilling said bottle at home or gym for example or holding something else in it that isn’t water.
There are plenty of options for bottles that hold similar amounts of water that are designed to fit into standard cupholders.

RookieB555

Reaction score

View attachment 180917
Nice! Do you have a file to share? Been looking at solutions for my new truck, this is great!

Users who are viewing this thread