5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soliciting Guidance: My Tire Finalists Post Lift

cervelo15

Reaction score
If you want a definitive answer, use the calculator and measure on your own truck- that way you know it’s right for your truck. All the measurements you need can be had in this calculator. I personally used this measurement tool and have clearance of 3 sheets of paper between the tire and fenderwell. (See pic below)

Wheel/tire difference calculator

View attachment 108419
Thanks Djevox! I just found that calculator myself and feel a little better about the options. It's nice they even show a diagram of the tire pitted against the UCA/front suspension so you can vizualize it. Plus it shows you where you old tire size is vs the new tire size. I think hearing the experience of others using this tool and having success gives me a little more confidence to pull the trigger.

@Finn5033 the wildpeaks were my first choice, but 2 local places i called said they are on national backorder. That was confirmed with the online retailer of Discount Tire. Tire Rack was cleaned out of even more choices.

@ktl5005 thanks for the recommendation Ktl. I will have to check those out as well. They have come up on a lot of my searches, so it's worth checking it out.

cervelo15

Reaction score
So I finally did it, I pulled the trigger on a set of tires: 285/65/20 BFGoodrich KO2’s.

It was between those and the Ridge Grapplers. But I voted against the RG because everyone around here has them, plus they run a little bigger and I didn’t feel like adding any extra work having to get rid of rubbing issues. And I was kind of tepid on the reviews of the tires.I went 285 because I just didn’t want to take the chance that I’d have serious rubbing issues with a bigger tire.

Also, I did mention to the rep at Discount Tire I really wanted the Wildpeaks but they were on national backorder. So she actually gave me a discount on the KO2’s to match the price of the Wildpeaks. And I got the tire certificates on top of it, so I came out even. Poured myself a Manhattan after scoring that.

I’m gonna tell you, if you are looking for tires now, I think the more time that goes by, it’s gonna get worse trying to find tires. Best way to put it, when talking to these tire shops, tire manufacturers are focusing on catching Up on making core sizes and styles. So a 35” all-terrain tire is not a high priority for some of these tire manufacturers. I hear some tires won’t come back into stock until Jan/Feb of 2022. F COVID!

Thank you all for your listening and helping me through this process. It’s the reason why I love this forum!

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I finally did it, I pulled the trigger on a set of tires: 285/65/20 BFGoodrich KO2’s.

It was between those and the Ridge Grapplers. But I voted against the RG because everyone around here has them, plus they run a little bigger and I didn’t feel like adding any extra work having to get rid of rubbing issues. And I was kind of tepid on the reviews of the tires.I went 285 because I just didn’t want to take the chance that I’d have serious rubbing issues with a bigger tire.

Also, I did mention to the rep at Discount Tire I really wanted the Wildpeaks but they were on national backorder. So she actually gave me a discount on the KO2’s to match the price of the Wildpeaks. And I got the tire certificates on top of it, so I came out even. Poured myself a Manhattan after scoring that.

I’m gonna tell you, if you are looking for tires now, I think the more time that goes by, it’s gonna get worse trying to find tires. Best way to put it, when talking to these tire shops, tire manufacturers are focusing on catching Up on making core sizes and styles. So a 35” all-terrain tire is not a high priority for some of these tire manufacturers. I hear some tires won’t come back into stock until Jan/Feb of 2022. F COVID!

Thank you all for your listening and helping me through this process. It’s the reason why I love this forum!
I had to settle on tire choice also because of this, and am dealing with other parts slowness. It sucks, but we’ll eventually get through it. OR, it will be just like the end of the movie Knowing with Nicolas Cage.

cervelo15

Reaction score
285/65/20 BFG KO2 the winner, mounted tonight. Fit perfect with zero rub, look great and look badass. Smooth ride home, haven’t had a ton of time to test. Will post pics tomorrow in the daylight.

Users who are viewing this thread