5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soldier's Pass trail in Sedona

GrandpaBob

Reaction score
I added some pinstripes to my 'pavement princess' when I took her off-road on the Soldier's Pass trail in Sedona, AZ. We went to the parking area for the Seven Sacred Pools. On the way in, I visited with the driver of one of the pink tour jeeps coming out - he was a little reluctant to tell me I'd be okay with my stock Ram. Based on his advice, I did decide against going down the turnoff to the Devils Kitchen Sinkhole. It did look a little too dicey to me as we passed it. Instead, we hiked back to it from the pools. I was a little nervous driving up out of the pools parking area. Shortly before we left, I witnessed a Jeep spinning it's tires trying to get out. But, my Ram just crawled right out in 4 low. I didn't air down my tires because I felt like I might need the extra clearance more than the traction. That turned out to be a good decision as clearance was close in a few spots. If I didn't spend 99.9% of my time on-road, I'd have to consider bigger tires and a lift. Anyway, other than brushing up against the vegetation in a couple of narrow spots, the truck performed great and we had a lot of fun. We passed the same pink tour jeep driver on our way out of the gate and he seemed a little surprised to see that we made it in and back again ;-)

Attachments

• IMG-20240412-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20240412-WA0012.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-20240412-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20240412-WA0010.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 26

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good job. Since you have so many amazing trails right out of your driveway, you should think about adding a few things and getting out there.

Users who are viewing this thread