5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold my RAM 1500

retho78

Reaction score
Due to Covid, I have been working from home and not driving much and just making payments and insurance on the truck, so decided to sell while the market was good. The good news is, I was able to get more than I bought it for and if things get back to where I have to go into office, then I will look for something at that time. In the meantime I can take care of other bills and save some money. 🙂

Chuck19

Reaction score
Sounds like it Makes sense For your personal situation but do you have another vehicle to drive around town for errands and stuff?

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Due to Covid, I have been working from home and not driving much and just making payments and insurance on the truck, so decided to sell while the market was good. The good news is, I was able to get more than I bought it for and if things get back to where I have to go into office, then I will look for something at that time. In the meantime I can take care of other bills and save some money. 🙂
Nothing wrong with that! Save $ for down payment on a 2021 model or something

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i know what you mean.i am "retired/Disable".i hardly use my truck now with this "virus".no where to go really.except to the "YMCA"just to meet friends and shower.thats all.but i will need it for this(since we are at that time of the year)....

Boston

Reaction score
It’s a short term solution, used prices are nutty right now. New prices are rising faster than ever.
January 2020 sales of Rams seem so long ago as they tried to dump excess stock...

retho78

Reaction score
Sounds like it Makes sense For your personal situation but do you have another vehicle to drive around town for errands and stuff?
Yes, I have another vehicle and my wife uses it, and I can drop her off to work if I need to use the vehicle to run some errands.

retho78

Reaction score
It’s a short term solution, used prices are nutty right now. New prices are rising faster than ever.
January 2020 sales of Rams seem so long ago as they tried to dump excess stock...
Yes, the prices on the new ones are crazy high and pretty sure they will have some deal next year or so.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The prices of new are higher than they should be, but the rebates and discounts change the actual purchase. In 2005, I bought a 2006 Silverado Z71 2LT. It had fabric seats, no homelink option, no 6 disc CD player, but did have automatic AC and auto 4WD and a few other toys. That truck was purchased for $31k, which was a good price then. I think the MSRP was $37k.

An inflation calculator says that $31k in 2005 is equivalent to $41k today. I just purchased my Rebel for $48k and it had an MSRP of $60k. So, the $41k to $48k price difference is the difference in options alone. I have the Rebel, not the Big Horn, with leather, 12" display, lots of tech, homelink, back up camera, navigation, etc.

I think the manufacturers have gone crazy with MSRP and then discount them to what a realistic price could be. We've grown so accustomed to rebates that I don't think a manufacturer could put a $50k MSRP on my truck and offer only $500 in rebates.

Last edited:

retho78

Reaction score
I had the Laramie Crew Sport with the off road package and it was a nice truck and didn't have any major issues.

Users who are viewing this thread