5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soft factory tri-fold tonneau cover

Str8Cracker

Reaction score
Anyone else have the soft factory tri-fold cover and are dissatisfied? My cover although has been water tight, seams like it should be tighter to the rails. You can actually slide it around slightly while the tailgate is up. I’ve had a vinyl cover in the past, but none have had as much movement due to wind as this one. Friday we had done pretty good gusts and it looked like a flag back there.
I seen this pic on another thread and am wondering if this is my problem, or is the tonneau just overpriced junk. This clamp looks to be on the raised area of the underside rail and not on the flat. My cover is in the flat and doesn’t clamp tightly. I can’t find any adjustments on these handles either. Anyone else have this issue?

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone else have the soft factory tri-fold cover and are dissatisfied? My cover although has been water tight, seams like it should be tighter to the rails. You can actually slide it around slightly while the tailgate is up. I’ve had a vinyl cover in the past, but none have had as much movement due to wind as this one. Friday we had done pretty good gusts and it looked like a flag back there.
I seen this pic on another thread and am wondering if this is my problem, or is the tonneau just overpriced junk. This clamp looks to be on the raised area of the underside rail and not on the flat. My cover is in the flat and doesn’t clamp tightly. I can’t find any adjustments on these handles either. Anyone else have this issue?

I have the same problem, seems watertight but certainly not "tight" by what most would consider secure. I have to bring it in but I've been procrastinating

Str8Cracker

Reaction score
I wish I would have went with the gator. Honestly I don’t feal confident in the factory tri-fold and am going to have to go with something else. More then likely I’ll switch to a hard cover with the Lomax. If this thing blows off it’s going to do more damage then it’s worth.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was unimpressed at first, but after spending a few hours finding the sweet spots for the front and rear clamps my cover is solid. Doesn't move in the nastiest crosswinds and is as water tight as can be.

Like everything these days, a little DIY effort is needed to get total satisfaction. It's completely adjustable, search my posts, I listed sweet spots, tools needed and pics.

1Raider

Reaction score
Do they make the Gator SFX for the Rambox trucks?

Reaction score
Love mine as well. Once adjusted, it is perfect and very easy to use.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is exactly the same. It slides forward and back and the clamps dont tighten down any more. It is relatively leak free except for the rear corners which occasionally get s bit of water but its looseness concerns me.

Users who are viewing this thread