5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Socket in the truckbed

Slonis

Reaction score
Hello everyone, has anyone already installed an Socket in their truckbed?
The rambox variant installed this from the factory. Is the prepared plug also available in the normal version? Or can you extend the electricity from the socket into the bed from the interior?

Hello everyone, has anyone already installed an Socket in their truckbed?
The rambox variant installed this from the factory. Is the prepared plug also available in the normal version? Or can you extend the electricity from the socket into the bed from the interior?
If I were doing this, I’d run heavy gauge wire from the battery to the bed, then install an inverter in the bed, rather than tap into the existing 115V socket.

In fact, I originally planned to do just that. My immediate need was for 12V DC in the bed. I ran 6 AWG wire to the bed, which is overkill for my main goal (running a 12V fridge), but would allow me to put in a 400W inverter later.

I probably won’t do that, as I’ve got a so-called solar generator with a 1800W inverter which is more versatile. But it could be done.

Have the rambox version the same Installation of cables ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back