5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Socket Cigarette Lighter

marzoum

Reaction score
Have any of the fellow smokers figured out which aftermarket car cigarette lighter works with our trucks 12v socket that's located on the dash?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Have any of the fellow smokers figured out which aftermarket car cigarette lighter works with our trucks 12v socket that's located on the dash?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Most likely, none.

Power ports look like cigarette lighter sockets, but they are not alike. Accessories will work in a lighter socket but lighters will not work in a power port. They're made different depths intentionally. Lighter sockets are also made to withstand the heat.

Modern car lighters aren't as well made as they used to be. After burning out several replacements in my last two cars, I just took to leaving a Bic lighter in the console so I'd always have a light within reach, no digging in m y pocket while driving. Spend the extra on a Bic -- they don't leak as bad as those clear ones.

Users who are viewing this thread